Sunny and Rayne

Tyler agreed with me on most of my decisions, but decided he would go to see Rayne's mate also. He appreciated her honesty and the fact that she trusted me enugh to tell me. I needed friends if I was going to survive and prove to people that the girl Fire Fairy could indeed help. Since we were fairies and had wings, Tyler simply shifted into his hawk form and followed us to Rayne's mate. On the way she told me everything about her.

"Her names is Sunny. Yes,I'm sure whoever makes mates is laughing their heads of, but she is perfect. The only thing I think that needs to change Is her self confidence. She has dated guys before, and none of them have been attractive to her. Yet instead of thinking that maybe she was dating the wrong type of people she put the blame on herself. I've been best friends with her for years, but once my powers developed most people try to avoid me. I would never hurt anyone, but she still has yet to realize that. A man decided to attack her the night I got my powers and realized she was my mate. I sent him flying and knocked him out with water, more than I wanted since I was going on instinct. Even though the man would have hurt her she has still been afraid of me every since," her tone became sad, and to me it seemed like she thought that it was hopeless yet was still trying to hope. Seeing her so broken over something that had happened fairly easily for me made up my mind. No matter what happened she and sunny were meant to be together. Rayne did not hurt Sunny or do anything to anyone she loved, soy the fear was going to go away fast. Rayne seemed shy at first but as I got to know her she seemed happy and talkative but fairly reserved around others she didn't know. She was probably too reserved to tell Sunny exactly what her fear was doing to Rayne.

Landing on a branch near a house in the water, Rayne pointed to the 5'4" female with red hair sitting next to a bird. Rayne had told me early she was a Bird Fairy, rare but not unheard of. She chose to live in the Water section because her parents were Water and Plant, so they went weblog ether in this section. Sunny seemed completely at ease, not noticing us watching her. Smiling at the tiny Brown Finch she had in her hand, she began to hum, then sing.

Her song had no lyrics and the tune was unfamiliar, yet I began to feel that it was from her heart. It had a feeling of longing and being scared, but wanting something beyond her reach. Tears appeared in Rayne's eyes, and as Sunny stopped singing Rayne began. "It is said that between true Fairy Mates they can communicate in their mind, but they have to make some type of noise. Singing or talking without words is the most common, but sometimes the couples can communicate with no sound at all. That usually only developes in times of crisis. It also developes usually only in strong connections, and of course only to true Mates."

Sunny began sobbing along with Rayne and ran straight into her arms. "I'm sorry for ever doubting you. I just couldn't accept the fact that I had a mate that was a girl. That song and the fact that you heard me proved that you truly cared and wanted me. Please accept my apology and introduce me to your friends!" her voice was childlike but had some mature qualities to it. It was high and sweet yet had hidden pain and trials. Her red hair made her seem to glow in the sun, and her almond eyes bore into me as she looked from me to Rayne then to Tyler.

"Sunny, my dear mate, this is Chelsea and Tyler. Chelsea is the Fire Fairy and Tyler is her mate who is supposed to protect her. I am training her, because she needs to control her output," Sunny looked at Rayne closely, then nodded. Smiling she extended her hand towards me in the friendly way.

"I don't believe that you are truly who Rayne says you are, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But if you ever," she pulled me close and whispered in my ear, "ever try to break me and Rayne up I will make your life a living hell, Fire Fairy or not. Now that we have introductions over why don't you and I go meet our parents?" walking over to Rayne she pulled her to the house barely below the water.

I waited till she was out of range then burst out laughing. Tyler looked at me like I was crazy, but then realized why I was laughing. If I truly was the Fire Fairy and she made that threat, then she was dead. On the other hand, if I wasn't I was still powerful enough to make them believe I was, so either way she would be dead within seconds of making that threat if I was not so good natured. It was her risky way of testing me, and it seems that I passed.

Smiling at Tyler we both started walking around, enjoying the scenery. This was close enough to the Palace that the advisor had to make it look rich, so we traveled farther from the Palace. The farther away we got the poorer the people got. I started to tear up as I saw children searching through the trash for food.

-Tyler's POV-

She quickly grabbed my hand and told me to stay here. White wings erupted from her back and she hurriedly flew away. When the Fire Fairy was not in her Fire Stage of either punishing or protecting, her wings were white like a normal fairy's. I saw a set of twins, a boy and a girl, around three. They seemed to be looking around for someone, then the girl began crying.

"It's going to be ok sis, mommy just is taking a nap and daddy will get home from the graveyard soon like the preacher said. We just have to go find some food so we can eat at least," My heart went out to the little kids, whose Parents sound like they are dead. I walked up to them and leaned down.

"Would you like to show me your mommy? And how long has your daddy been gone?" immediately the children got quiet and seemed to start backing away. Sighing I tried once more. "I can be your new daddy if you want me to be."

"Then who would be our mommy? We have to have a mommy. That's what the preacher said," the little boy stood there looking defiant while the girl slowly approached me. She got close enough to look in my eyes and then flung her arms around me and held me tight.

"Our daddy has been gone for two years and our mommy has been asleep for six months. I'm hungry, daddy. Could we go get some food?" her little eyes bore into mine and showed me how truly horrid her life had been so far. I nodded very quickly and returned her hug. Wind began to pick up, and I realized Chelsea was back. Not only had she brought a ton of food but she had some gold coins in her hands. Smiling at me, she noticed the twins and their hungry look. Beckoning them over she gave them some bread and cheese along with water, hoping to coax out the other children. Slowly they came out and got the same treatment.

"Is this our new mommy?" the girl asked. Just as soon as I nodded she ran up to Marie and hugged her. "Daddy says you can be our new mommy!"

Marie smiled at the little girl and leaning closer, asked, "what's your name? And your brother's?"

Fighting the urge to face palm I listened to the girl as she restated her story then said her name is Maria, and her brother is Thomas.