Announcing Fire

Over the next few days while Roxanne was training me to be a Fire Fairy and help lead the country, Tyler had been learning from one of the best weapons specialists ever. Being the Fire Fairy's mate and not being a fairy would make things more complicated. He might not have enough power to protect me, yet as a shifter he could turn into a Fairy and have some of their powers. Roxanne did not feel that was enough to protect me, so while I was learning etiquette and how to address others, Tyler was being tested and attacked by fairies. The Queen was not quite sure how to train me to use my fire without hurting me or others, so she brought in a Water Fairy trainer, and told us to fight.

"Try aiming a little higher Chelsea! Find her weakness," muttering my apologies to the other fairy, I closed my eyes. While still fending off her attacks I felt rather than saw her weakness. She was left handed, and had trouble defending her right side. Opening my eyes I shot jet after jet of slightly warm fire to her right side, watching as she barely avoided them.

Dropping down to the ground I called the fight off. "Her weakness is her right side. If we had continued she could have been hurt or badly burnt. I feel that we are done for the day. Perhaps tomorrow you could bring in more fairies that are trainers and just have me find their weaknesses, and see their fighting styles. I would rather not hurt anyone."

Walking away quite angrily I never noticed the Water Fairy trainer walking beside me. "Thank you," she started, then paused. " I know the Queen is trying to make you better and protect you from the outside world, but you were right. If we had continued fighting you would have easily hurt me. I never thought that the Fire Fairy would come while I am alive, but now I know why you did."

Turning my gaze to her I cocked my head; curious to see what she would say next. Shrugging, she showed me what she meant. Each fairy had a talent relating to their gift. Since the body of anything is almost always made up of water, some water fairies can read minds, or project images. The images she projected into my head where horrid. Not only were people starving, but Roxanne knew nothing about it. Her trusted advisor had been stealing the money meant to go to the people and using it for his own devices. Even the Dukes of Fairyworld where having troubles staying alive and having enough to eat.

Looking into her eyes, I realized two things. One, this horrid treatment ws going to stop before more people died, and secondly, I did not know her name. "You have showed me the truth without holding back, yet I do not even know your name. Please enlighten me, and then come with me when we confront the Queen and her advisor. I would love to have a friend like you, be not afraid of my power."

She ducked her head, making me think of Katie, and shyly answered. "Rayne. Rayne is my name and I would love to be your friend. Until you came along I was feared for being too powerful. It broke my heart to see even my mate afraid of me. No matter what I did she never wanted to approach me, and cowered all the time."

"She?" seeing her nod a big smile spread over my face. "How about after we go to the meeting we pay a visit to your mate? I'm sure she would love to hear that you are helping me to stay good, and that your powers are under your complete control. Who knows, maybe she might even get jealous at you for hanging out with me."

Her chuckle made me realize she probably did not get accepted very much, not only for her powers but also for the fact that her mate was a girl. Pulling her into a hug, we walked off together to face the Queen.

The Palace never failed to impress me with how big it is, and how wonderfully decorated. Even the guards fit in with the medieval theme. Nodding their heads at us, they acknowledged Rayne and her companion, as they did not know me yet. In four days time all of that would change, when the Queen announced my arrival. That is why the training is so severe, she had told me. Some would not accept me; wether want me to be their Queen or simply for the fact that the Fire Fairy had always been a male before.

"The fields had a tough harvest, M'lady, and the peasants sent me asking for something to get them by. I said I would try, and you being a fair Queen and all would surely help them out," a strange man sat next to the Queen, talking in a pleading voice, but with greed in his eyes.

Clapping slowly, I stalked forward until I was facing the Queen. Seeing her attempt to get up and bow, I shook my head. Turning to the man I scowled at him. "If only your sob story were true. See, what I don't seem to hear you telling the Queen is that the people she has been ruling over have been starving because of your greed. They have never seen a dime that she has sent out, and are beginning to think she forgot about them. Children are begging In the streets; even the Dukes are having a tough time staying alive. Now why don't you tell her all of that and see if she still employs you."

"How dare this little child accuse me of such betrayal! My Queen I shall see her beheadedat once for talking such blasphemy about me and you! The people adore you and are doing well. Just this season the crops were not as bountiful, and they need a little something to make it through the winter," the man glared at me, and motioned for the guards to come take me away.

Standing still I held up one hand. "There is only one problem with your theory. Has Her Majesty ever been out to see the people? Have any of thm come asking her for money or food? Yet you come in here asking her to send funds to people she has never met,trusting that they will get there. I have a good friend with me who has lived out ther at one time, and has seen the hardships. You know at a vision can never lie, so tell me why does hers show people starving and dying yet you look as plump as a thanksgiving turkey and have a large house? Lying to the Queen is against the law, not to mention that your greed has caused many lives," feeling a burning rage at the thought of helpless people and a bewitched Queen being misled by a simple Man, not even a true Fairy, I could feel myself changing. The Queen gasped and then smiled. "My last comment before the guards drag me off, if my Queen wishes it, is to point out the biggest flaw in your logic. You have heard stories since you were a little tyke about the Fire Fairy. How when she will come justice will be put back into the works and the Fairy Kingdom will once again be influential. How she is loyal to whomever she feels deserves it, and harsh on the ones not being kind. The Fire Fairy comes once a millennium and will stay until the day she dies. Her line of children to follow will be influential and powerful, and will be Queen after her."

He smirked and pointed out what I hoped he would. "The Fire Fairy is always a guy, though."

Wings erupted out of my back, while my outfit changed to the same one as before. Tyler rushed into the room to see fire in my eyes and fire surrounding me, making me glow white. "You foolish man! Not only have you deceived your Queen, but you had the guts to challenge a Fire Fairy! My instinct is telling me to squash you like the bug you are, but I will spare your life on one condition. Not only will you give everything you have wrongfully gotten away, but you will serve the people as they wish. You will tell everyone that the Fire Fairy is back and has spared your miserable life, but will tolerate no more wrong doing! Fairyworld is supposed to be a wonderful place full of happiness and love. Yet everywhere I turn there is pain and misery! From this forward I shall be the Judge and the Jury, and shall right these wrongs. Now leave my sight before I change my mind about sparing your worthless life."

Aa he scurried out of the room, I stopped shooting fire and glowing, to drop to the ground on my knees. Tyler, Rayne and the Queen all rushed to my side. The guards stood there frozen, then the two of them got down on their knees. "The Fire Fairy is just and good, and we would feel better if we could help guard her. No harm will come to her while we are here," Smiling at them, I beckoned them forward.

"What are your names?" looking closely at them I noticed they were about the same age as the queen, 25 at the most. They were also twins, good looking ones at that.

"I am Jake, Miss, and this is George. We would love to serve you and our ma- I mean the Queen," looking up at the Queen I noticed she was staring at them with the same confused, startled but confident look they had. Smiling, I realized that she had finally found her mates, and they would show her the beauty of love.

"As your first order do duty I command you to take the Queen into her room and figure out how this mating is going to work. I expect you to show her that loves al and it is a beautiful thing. Dismissed," Tyler and Rayne smiled at me, and together lifted me to my room, and set me down on the edge of the bed.

"I do believe you need to start explaining what has happened since this morning," Tyler stated, smiling yet very serious. Laughing at both of them, I told him everything, from the beginning.