one.

Eren was so damn reckless. All he ever did was throw himself at titans, no thinking involved. It made Mikasa go insane, knowing he would get hurt somehow but no, he never listened to her. Not did he care. He always told her that if he had one goal in life, it would be to wipe out the titans. And she would always argue saying "but at what cost?" It was evident that their meaningless bickering would never end, but at the same time she would never stop protecting him even if it meant her own death. 

Thats what annoyed Levi the most. She didn't seem to pay any attention to anything else. Well, it's not like she had to anyway. She was in tip-top shape in almost every area. Almost. But instead, she wasted her time on Eren and his antics. There was no ignoring it anymore, Eren was humanity's only hope; the scouts needed him. And if anything, Mikasa was helping by protecting him. Yet it made Levi cringe and frown. It was like wasting a perfectly built soldier on a less than worthy child. 

"Mikasa! Above you!" Levi yelled to her. A branch came plunging down just above her, however she dodged it just in time, determination still clear on her face. Mikasa flew threw the air alongside Levi while the rest of the soldiers followed on ground, mounted on horses. 

Two abnormals jumped out suddenly from behind the trees almost taking Levi by surprise. The two acted fast though, slicing through the napes and sending them to the ground. 

"Captain Levi!" A soldier shouted to him. He recognized the voice as Sasha's. "Look up! In the trees!" she cried. Confused, Levi looked up and was greeted by the ugly smiling faces of numerous titans. Realization struck him as one of them flung their body carelessly off a brach, hurdling itself at the soldiers behind him. Levi screamed for them to get out of the way but not all of them could in time.

Horrified, Mikasa looked up and around the trees. "We're in too deep," she said. "We're surrounded." Levi looked up as well as another titan flew down not too far ahead of them. 

"Retreat!" Levi yelled, his booming voice reaching all of the soldiers among him. 

"Captain! Let me transform! I can defeat all of them!" Eren called out to his captain only to be met with fiery eyes. 

"I said retreat and that's an order! All of you! Now!" Levi said, latching onto a nearly tree and turning around, the other soldiers following. Reluctantly, Eren did as he was told but continued looking back at the titans falling from what seemed like the sky. 

"Every last one" Eren mumbled to himself and changed direction, going back into the forest. 

Mikasa's eyes followed his actions. "Eren! Stop!" Levi looked to Mikasa and followed her eyes, finding Eren charging into the forest. Not far after him, Mikasa followed. 

"That brat." Levi said under his breath. "Oi! You all continue forward!" In return Levi received a 'yes, sir' from all the soldiers in unison. 

He turned around but couldn't spot Mikasa. Diving deeper into the woods, he managed to dodge multiple incoming titans when he finally saw Eren standing on his horse, his hand to his lips. Levi heard Mikasa scream. "Eren don't!" 

Just then a titan flung itself at Mikasa as she had her arm outstretched to reach Eren. It all happened in slow motion in Levi's eyes as the titan came dangerously close to Mikasa and Eren bit his hand, the heat and wind sending her flying through the air and slamming back-first into a tree. For a moment there was a ringing in her ears and then nothing as she fell unconscious, spiraling back down to the ground.

Levi rushed over to her, no longer paying attention to Eren, and caught her just before she could hit the ground. There was not time to stop as titans began to circle them. 

Levi landed on Eren's shoulder and put two fingers to Mikasa's neck, checking for a pulse. It was then when he realized how bad her condition really was.

"Oi, Eren are you mad. You get back to the damn base now. You almost killed Mikasa." He said, his tone menacing and bitter. He didn't wait for a response and fled, deciding that there was no more time to lose.