8 - Abomination

The door shuts behind me as I strut down the deserted hallway. By now, everyone is headed out to the lacrosse game. Ms. Morrell kept getting annoyed that I wouldn't talk about anything that she held me in there for longer. Our meetings are only supposed to last thirty minutes, but that one was close to an hour and a half. I walk faster down the hallway, fishing my cell phone out of my back pocket. Through the whole meeting, I felt it vibrate in my pocket and I knew it was Derek. 

        I scroll through the missed text messages from him and read one that says he's at the school. Stiles told me that Scott and him had a plan to get a bestiary from Gerard's office. I turn a corner, running my finger tips over the lockers. A hard body collides into my own. The two of us go tumbling to the floor,  both of us reaching out to grab anything to keep us from falling. Unfortunately, we fall on the ground. 

        "Ah. S-Sorry- Clara?" Stiles groans, rubbing his elbow.

        "Stiles!" I slap his shoulder. "What are you doing?"

        Stiles pushes himself up to his feet, grabbing my hands to pull me up. "I'm headed to Gerard's office for the-"

        "-bestiary." I finish. I brush the little bit of dirt off of my jeans. "Alright, let's go."

        He lets me drag him down the hallway towards Gerard's office. "You're going to help?"

        "Of course I am." I step aside from the door once we reach it and allow Stiles to unlock it. Stiles pushes the door open. Both of us walk on either side of the desk for the bestiary they told me about. I've been in here a few times, but Gerard never had an old book laying out. If this book really does exist, it must be very important, wouldn't Gerard keep it close to him at all times?

        I rummage through the drawers, only to find unimportant papers instead. I check the book shelf while Stiles sends a message to Allison. Behind me, I hear Stiles gasp in shock. I whirl around, thinking of the first thing I can grab to protect us. My guard drops when I see Erica standing in the doorway. 

        "Hello, Stiles." Erica smiles. "Let's go for a walk."

        Stiles worriedly glances my way. I simply shrug. I don't know what Derek is planning. Stiles and I walk out of the room. Erica harshly grabs on to Stiles' arm, forcing him ahead of us. I step back in the room, picking up a sharpened pencil. Stiles' whole body is leaning towards Erica, who keeps tightening her grip. Adjusting the pencil in my hand, I send in flying through the air, barely missing the the side of her face. Erica snatches the pencil out of the air with the hand she was holding on to Stiles. 

        "He knows how to walk." I step closer to the both of them, nodding my head for Stiles to go first. 

        Erica walks up until she is inches from my face. "Just because you're dating Derek doesn't give you the right to do this."

        I smirk. "You're right. But, even if I wasn't dating Derek, I would still do this. You should be careful how you treat my friends because next time, I won't miss on purpose." I spin on my heel, following Stiles to I'm assuming the pools. Just as I expected, Derek is standing by the first pool with a basketball in hand. Erica automatically moves to stand next to him and I stay by Stiles. There is no way I am leaving his side. I don't trust Erica. There's a knife in my boot if I need it.

        "Oh." Stiles sighs when he sees Derek.

        "Stiles." Derek greets him, eyes glazing over to me. I know he wants me to stand by him, but I'm not moving until I know they won't hurt him, better yet, Erica won't hurt him.