QUALITY OF WRITING

If there is one chapter you need to read in this book, it's this one.

If it were up to me, I would have every single person on Wattpad read this chapter specifically.

Your quality of writing.

Jesus Christ, this pisses me off.

Let's start it off with grammar and spelling.

My god, people, spell check exists for a reason. Pay attention to it.

Please make an attempt to spell things correctly and use correct grammar.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR AND YOU'RE AND YOU NEED TO LEARN IT.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEY'RE THEIR AND THERE. LEARN IT.

PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU THERE ARE SO MANY BOOKS THAT HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL BUT THE GRAMMAR AND SPELLING MAKES ME WANT TO DIE

Anyways.

Read over your chapter after you read it. Check for spelling and grammar mistakes. Please.

Use Grammarly. I use it. It helps a ton. Seriously.

Next order of business.

PLEASE

SPACE

YOUR

PARAGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one wants to read a huge block of text. Put a freaking space in between them.

Which leads me to my next thing.

When a new person speaks, it is a new paragraph.

"I need money," Jesse says. "I don't have any, sorry," Harvey responds. "Darn," Jesse mutters.

NO

PLEASE FREAKING SPACE THEM I BEG YOU

Next.

You don't need to have a tag every time someone speaks. Once you establish who was talking in the first place, you don't need to express who's talking each time.

For example:

"Cats are better," Jesse says.

"No way, dogs are so much better," Harvey argues.

"Cats!" Jesse says.

"Dogs!" Harvey says.

"Cats!" Jesse says.

I'm gonna stop there because it's physically hurting me to type that.

Here's the better version.

"Cats are better," Jesse says.

"No way, dogs are so much better," Harvey argues.

"Cats!"

"Dogs!"

"Cats!"

See? I didn't need to establish who's talking each time, because you already knew.

There are probably a thousand more things I could say, but those are the basics.

Thank you for reading.