COMMENTS

Comments.

The holy grail of Wattpad.

When someone takes the time to comment on my stories, I can't even describe how happy it makes me.

It doesn't matter how long or how meaningful the comment, every single comment brings joy to my heart. Below, I will show you some examples of real comments on my stories.

"UGH I WANT TO SCREAM BECAUSETHIS BOOK IS SO AMAIZNG SJSJSJSK"
phandommember7 

"best fanfic I have and probably ever will read, your writing style is just awesome and I loved every second of reading this, so I read it 1000 more times xx tysm for this, youre so talented and never stop writing xxx"
drarry_girl 

"I loved every moment, every tear, every laugh and every scare this fic has given me. It's been a full circle and I couldn't be happier for how you worded this and worked on this! You've put so much thought in it!!! I love you and I can't wait to read something else from you~"
awesomely_trash

"YeSssSsssSssss"
TheWizardError

Some comments make me smile in so much joy that I physically can't sit still, some comments make me cry over how meaningful they are to me, some comments make me laugh so hard I fall off my chair.

All of my comments mean so much to me.

As for advice on how to get more comments, it's a bit difficult. Comments are purely up to the readers themselves.

But I've noticed that the more you communicate with your readers, the more they like to communicate with you.

When someone comments saying they love your chapter, thank them. When someone gives you constructive criticism, thank them and ask them how you can improve further. When someone asks you a question, answer it. Communicate with your audience.

I have found that this has created such a profound bond between me and so many of my readers. It created such a close connection that when I got a hate comment on one of my chapter of my oneshots telling me I should stop writing and that it was terrible, I had forty-seven people take time out of their lives to reply and tell them how much of a messed-up thing that was to say.

When someone took my story and posted it as their own with no credit to me and without asking me at all, I told my readers and so many of them went and reported the story. It was taken down in days, and I will forever be thankful to my amazing readers for doing that for me.

So you can't really make people comment, but by responding and communicating, you can create such a bond between you and your readers that they would genuinely care about your well-being.

You can use author's notes to ask questions as well. Even if it's a simple "what's your favorite food?" the answers can make you closer to your audience.

All comments mean the world to me, from "KDNSJNDFKJVNKDFJNVKJDN" to a three-paragraph comment about the impact my story had on them.

Thank you for reading.