Chapter 1- Escaping My Hell

Falen POV

I walked into the lunchroom and spotted Roc already in there sitting with Craig at the group regular table. 

He looked good even from behind.  You good see his muscles whenever he moved his arms. He got his muscles from being the captain and quarterback of the football team. His diamond earring glistened in the light and his gold chain shined bright. His hair was always perfect.  He spent at least 30 minutes on his hair.  His shirt showed no wrinkles, something he was O.C.D about.  Whenever he smiled it made you weak in the knees.  Every girl wanted him but I was the lucky one to have him. 

I walked behind him and covered his eyes with my hand, "Guess Who?"

"Alicia Keys?"

"Even better."

"Beyoncé?!"

I smacked my lips and removed my hands from his eyes, "whatever."

He turned around and grabbed me by the waist and sat me in his lap.  "You’re even better than Alicia Keys and Beyoncé combined," he whispered into her ear.  I felt chills go through my spine as he kissed my ear.

"Yeah I better be," I said rolling her eyes.  He smirked and kissed me on the cheek and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"I love you Falen."

I couldn't help but to smile, "I love you too."

"Wassup lover birds and big bro," Veronica, my best friend, said sitting down next to Craig, her big brother. 

She was what you call boogie ghetto. Her personality was loud, ghetto, and hood but her appearance came off classy.  She was dark skin with medium length hair and dark brown eyes.  Whenever she smiled, talked, yelled, pouted etc you could see her dimples.  She's "fun size", standing at 5'2 but to make up for it she always wore these big ass heels that one wrong move you'll break your neck.  Her dad is the highest paid lawyer in California and her mom is from the ghetto.  Hence the boogie ghetto.  We became friends in the 5th grade because she basically told me I had no choice but to be her friend. 

Craig on the other hand is the complete opposite.  He's a sweetheart and chill.  Most people thinks he's quiet but he is the total opposite.  He'll talk your ear off when you get close to him.  He's always dancing and singing, sometimes I call him little MJ.

"What up," we all said. 

Then right on cue we heard arguing from Ray Ray and Lina.  "You're such an asshole," Lina said in her thick Spanish accent.  

"You bitch too damn much," he replied covering his ears.

Lina began to talk in Spanish confusing everyone at the table.

"Damn nigga can you speak English," Ray said covering her mouth.  She bit him which made him yelp.  

I shook my head and laugh, "Damn can you both admit you love each other."

"Right you both flirt 24/7," Veronica added.

They looked at each other in disgust, "Eww." 

"Uh no.  Girl you know I need a man.  Not some little boy that I have to take care of," Lina said.

"Girl I'm all man at least that what the ladies tell me," He said dapping Roc and Craig up.  "And besides players don't fall in love," he said popping his pretend collar.  

We all laughed at him.  I looked around the lunchroom and noticed Jacob was eating by himself.  As sweet and funny as he is I’m surprised he didn’t have any friends. Maybe on Monday I will ask why he was eating by himself.

*

The rest of the day went by fast and smoothly. I went straight home and showered and changed into Victoria Secret sweats. I really didn’t feel like partying tonight because I do it every weekend. I went downstairs and saw a note on the refrigerator from my brother.

Sis I will be gone for two months. There is money in the money jar for groceries and emergencies. NO PARTIES!

-Love Drake

I live with my brother Drake because I can’t stand my mom and I can’t stand my dad’s wife, so my brother was my only choice.

I grabbed a snack and began doing my homework.

Jacob POV

I soon as I got home the smell of alcohol attacked my nose.  Shit the giant is already drunk.  "Jacob," his stern strong voiced called causing the walls to shake.  I peeped around the corner into the living room, "Yes sir," I said quiet like a mouse.

"You're late!"

"I had after school detention."

He took a long swig of his beer before talking, "Why?"

"For being late for school too many times."

He looked at me with his pierced black eyes that were bloodshot red.  "Why have you been late?"

"Maybe because I've been getting my ass beat every night for no reason," I said below a whisper.  

"The fuck you say?"

"I SAID MAYBE BECAUSE I'VE BEEN GETTING BRUTALLY BEATEN EVERY NIGHT BECAUSE MY SO CALLED DAD…EXCUSE ME A FUCKING MONSTER CAN'T CONTROL HIS LIQUOR HABITS JUST BECAUSE HIS FUCKING WIFE LEFT HIS BUMMY ASS!"

He smirked which turned into a chuckled which turned into a loud uproar. His laughs were so loud that it shook the whole house. I felt my blood boil.  This bastard think this shit is funny?  I clenched my fist ready to charge at his ass.  He looked at me and stopped laughing, "So you think you're bad enough to hit me?  Do it then little nigga!"  I stood in the same place breathing hard clenching my fist tighter.  He smiled, "First shot is free."  Without any warning I ran at him and punched him in the face with all my strength.  I got a good punch because his nose was leaking.  I smiled at my work.  He touched the blood on his face and turned his attention to me with a scowl on his face.  He charged at me pushing me against the wall.  He punched in my stomach making me fall to my knees.  I looked up at the monster who created me.  His eyes were pure hatred and anger.  They didn't show a hint of remorse.  He punched me in the face and knocked me out.

****

When I woke up I was in terrible pain from my head all the way to my ribs.  I looked over at the monster and saw him passed out on the couch with his bottle in his hands.  I slowly got up and held the screams in from the burning pain.  Once I was up I opened the door and made my to escaping my hell.