The text

Looking at his watch Sherlock pushed the covers of his bed off him. Grabbing his robe from the back of the door to his room the detective made his way down the short corridor to the living room. As it was only 7:37am Sherlock pushed up the screen of his laptop, within moments he found Moriarty's website. Hacking into it he was able to send a text to the criminal.

If you're alive, meet me at the pool at 10pm tonight. And do come alone. I prefer not to have a rifle pointed at my head. - SH

With the text sent Sherlock shut down the computer before picking up his violin, looking at the music stand he saw a half finished composition on it. Pressing the bow to the strings Sherlock dragged it across, producing a long low note, one after the other. Grabbing a pen from his desk the consulting detective began adding notes and rests here and there forgetting all about the time completely.

Lost in his music Sherlock was unaware of footsteps approaching.

"So this is where you've been hiding." Lastarde spoke not bothering to even knock on the door as he stepped into the apartment.

It was the slightest he had ever felt to surprise. Placing his pen down on the stand in front of the music Sherlock span around on his heels facing the Detective Inspector. "Well congratulations, you found me at home. Would you like a medal?" Sherlock says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "what do you want?"

"I've been tryin' to call you for that last few hours."

"Yeah. Well I've been busy." The detective grabs his phone from the desk beside him. 4 missed calls, 3 new voice mails, 5 new messages. Sherlock raised a brow before shrugging, mumbling under his breath. "This better be important."

"You like the weird cases right?"

"What gave that away?"

"Well then I think I've found something you'll like. Meet me at Scotland Yard when you're dressed." Lestrade shakes his head looking at Sherlock before he turns, heading back down the staircase yelling back up "For gods sake its almost 3pm." Checking his watch, Sherlock gently placed the violin and bow back on the table top before waltzing down the hallway. Stalling for as long ad he could push for. Rather than start a case to which he would completely be unfocused in, the consulting detective flopped down on the bed before hitting speed dial.

"John. I need you to go to Scotland Yard and speak with Lestrade about a case he thinks I might be interested in. Then call me and tell me what it is so I can decide whether or not to get dressed."

"What if I have plans for today Sherlock?"

"Why would you have plans for anything between 3pm and 6pm?"

"Well because I have a life outside of working with you."

"Mmm nice try. I know your schedule. You have nothing on."

"Fine. Why aren't you going again?"

"Because I don't want to start a case I won't be able to focus on...and because I'm not particularly well dressed."

"Sherlock, its almost quarter past three. Jesus, without me you'll-..."

"Oh shut up and get moving." Sherlock ends the call sighing. 6 hours. What was he going to do for 6 hours. John would take 1 hour with the desperate Inspector perhaps more. He expected the call from his blogger would end up being placed at 4:30ish or quarter to five. After a discussion he would refuse the case and go back to staring at the clock or ceiling. Depending on which one seemed more interesting.