Introduction

This is a non fiction account of my dealings with an uncommon chronic condition I was diagnosed with shortly after my eighteenth birthday. I am hoping that putting my story out there will help people understand the debilitating effect such conditions can have on a person. I also hope it will show those suffering from long term illnesses that they are not alone and that there are plenty of others out there who understand exactly how they feel.

In December of 2018, following about a year of noticeably worsening symptoms, a string of blood tests, undergoing a liver ultrasound test, an endoscopy test and at last resort, a liver biopsy, I was diagnosed with a rare disease of the liver known commonly as Autoimmune Hepatitis. This is my story.

Hopefully, this'll help someone dealing with something similar, because there is, in my eyes, not much worse than long term pain and long term illness, especially when there's not someone nearby who understands its debilitating nature. This story is also one of many methods I'm trying to help me cope with it too and vent out my frustrations in a healthy manner.

Do be warned, I will be discussing certain symptoms I've been faced with, so if that kind of thing is likely to make you queasy, don't read on.