Chapter 10

Waking up with a person lying next to you is a weird feeling. Especially after you've been alone for a while. Waking up next to a person after many one night stands is also weird. Especially when you didn't have sex with person next to you. Especially if you two are strangers who shared intimate moments.

Lola tried sneaking out of the bed quietly, she needed her cigarette. She was already half way on her way out of the room when she heard a moan. A moan that sounded like someone was troubled. Like someone was in great emotional pain. She shrugged it off and as she took the next step she hear a sob. A sob so quiet, but so heartbreaking. The kind she knew so well.

She turned around to see a mess of curls shaking in bed, desperately trying to feel her by his side. Something inside of her felt bad for him. In just three quick steps she was in back to bed. His hand felt her next to him and he held on to her like he was holding on for dear life.

Her hands awkwardly found his hair and she gently stoked it, in what she presumed , was a calming way. He got closer to her, seeking comfort and safety in the crook of her neck. She let him get that close, he was obviously in need of it.

“You’ll be okay. You’ll be okay.” She kept saying to him as she was playing with his hair.

“No. I won’t.” He suddenly spoke .

“You’re awake?” She was startled a bit. She did not expect him to be awake.

“I had a dream about her. And then I felt you were not here and I broke. I’m such a loser.” HE spoke angrily.

“You’re not a loser.  You’re just broken hearted?” She asked awkwardly.

He slowly shifted and looked at the girl in front of him. There she was, a cold dark haired girl. A girl that was so intimidating, she made HIM insecure. Him! A guy who was so confident nothing could bring him down. But there she was. A cold emotionless girl who for some reason felt sympathy for him. A girl whose eyes looked so warm and worried at that exact moment.

“Broken hearted. Broken souled. Everything.” He sighed, not taking his eyes off her.

“I don’t think broken souled is a word.”

The reaction she got was not the one she expected. He laughed. He laughed so hard his eyes watered. He laughed at her confused face. Eventually his laugh died down, but the smile was still there. She was the reason he laughed from the heart for the first time in a long time.

“Thank you for this.”

“For what? I didn’t even say anything funny you freak.” She spoke, but a hint of smile was visible.

“Is that a smile escaping?” He teased her as her smile was getting wider.

“No...” She looked to the side, trying to fight the smile and failing miserably.

“You know, this is the second time I almost got a smile out of you. Third time’s a charm?”

She was about to say something, fight back but she didn’t. His green eyes were hypnotizing, he had that cheeky and flirty personality, those curls that just laid perfectly over his face, and everything about him happen to be perfect and beautiful. And she hated herself for looking at him in this kind of light. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the weird thoughts.

“Are you okay now? Can I go get my coffee?”

“Yeah, I’m okay. Sorry you had to witness this outburst.” Harry smiled, but still shifted uncomfortably. The awkward vibe was back.

“It’s okay. We all had our moments like that.” She smiled at him and he knew exactly what she meant.

“Do you want some coffee?” She offered, something she never does.

He didn’t say a word. He simply got up and smiled at her. He got an eye roll as a response, but before she could turn around a small smile escaped her lips.

And somehow, to him it was the prettiest smile he has seen in a long time.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I’m back!!! Yes, it’s been too long. I’ll try for it not to happen again.

Comment, vote! Tell me what you think, cause it means a lot. :)

Sorry if it’s a bit short, it’s just that kind of a story! :)

 Love you all!

Pingu