Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Jade spent the next few weeks hunting for a new place to live much to Marcus's dislike. They were looking at a place later today and Marcus hoped Jade hated it much like the other 5 places they went and looked at. Jade had also spent the last few weeks looking for a carer from the help of her new OT. She had met Andrea 2 weeks ago at her appointment and took an immediate liking to the hard woman that Jade actually started attending 3 times a week. She was meant to go every day, but between her OT appointments her weekly visit to Helen and seeing Dylan the couple's therapist Helen suggested she didn't have much time to go to all her OT appointments and Andrea was fine with that because she believed healing didn't just start with OT but also involved in healing the mind as well as the body.

She had yet to decide if she wanted to go to family counselling or if she even wanted to reconnect with her family. She spoke to her dad at least once every week, but conversations were also short and awkward. She was still struggling to connect with people and though she was forming a strong bond with Andrea she found it hard to connect with her on a personal and emotional level. The same with Marcus.

She looked over to Marcus who was in her apartment cooking her lunch. She insisted she could cook herself, but Marcus said he wanted to. She watched him as he moved around the kitchen as if it was his own and she tried to feel something, anything towards him, but all she felt was nothing. She talked to Helen about this thinking it was her medication. Jade insisted she didn't need to take it and Helen explained that many people when they feel good to go off their medication only to relapse and have to start all over again. Jade didn't want to relapse she didn't want to become the person she was not too long ago, but she didn't want to rely on the medication because it made her feel cloudy.

Marcus could feel Jade watching him and when he glanced her way he frowned at the look on her face. It was the same look he saw a couple of weeks ago when she told him she didn't feel anything. He smiled at her weakly and turned his back to her to keep cooking. Marcus knew Jade was trying which is why he agreed to therapy, which surprised him.

He went in hesitant but surprised himself when he walked away feeling different about not only Jade but their relationship. He knew they had a long way to go, but it was a start.

"Marcus, can I ask you something?" Jade asked, and he turned around to face her and turned off the stove at lunch was ready.

"You can ask me anything." He started dishing up lunch and bought both plates over and placed one in front of Jade. She looked at her food before looking at Marcus.

"I want to have sex." She stated it so boldly that Marcus started choking on the food he had just eaten. He coughed a few times and took a big sip of water trying not to die from chicken.

"Jade do you think that is a good idea." She knew it probably wasn't considering she didn't trust him and they had so many problems to work through, but she wanted to try to see if she could feel anything.

"I want to try again. I want to see if I can still feel." Marcus groaned. He knew this was going to end badly, he knew it was going to leave Jade in tears and a mess, but that still didn't stop him.

"How about after lunch okay." Jade nodded her head and something about the whole thing didn't sit well in her stomach. It felt cynical, but she had to know.

Neither of them ate lunch in a rush and once they were done Jade wheeled herself into the bedroom and started to remove her shirt while Marcus put lunch away. When he found Jade in her room and had already taken off her top and bra and was sitting in her chair with her pants still on. Marcus stood there for a second and looked at Jade.