Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Jade continued to cry into Garrett's chest as he continued to whisper soothing words and promises that made her want to stay. Purely because she was tired of being alone.

"I can't Garrett." She finally whispered and she felt him tighten his arms as if he wanted to cherish this moment longer.

"You can Jade." He kissed the side of her neck as she shook her head.

"I can't do this Garrett. It will only break my heart. It will always leave me wondering what if. What if he's cheating again? What if he not out with the guys? I can't live like that." She struggled, but could finally step out of his arms and have the breathing space she needed.

"I promise Jade it won't happen again." Jade shook her head knowing she couldn't do it. She started to walk away from Garrett when she froze in her path.

"Don't you walk away from me?" He roared causing Jade a moment of panic. He never raised his voice like that at her before that it made her become frozen in time. That and she was having flashes to her last tour at men shouting at her to get down.

"You don't get to walk away from me." He grabbed onto her arms tightly and spun her around before trying to kiss her again. Jade struggled, trying to fight him as he pushed her onto the couch and pressed his body against her's.

"It could be like this again." He said grinding into her with dilated eyes that told Jade he was still on drugs. Tears started to course down her face as he groped her breast and squeezed hard. This wasn't happening she thought and if there wasn't a buzzing in her ear and the flashes of her last tour, she would have had him on the floor before he could take his next breath. However, her training failed her as she flashed in and out of reality.

"We could be good again Jade." Garrett was she embedded into this fantasy he created which were enhanced by drugs that he didn't realise what he was doing wasn't consensual.

"Please stop." She said trying to buck her hips to get away, but Garret took it as an invitation. An invitation that she wanted it.

"It's okay Jade it will all be fine again." He said unbuttoning her shirt as Jade finally unfroze and her military training finally kicked in as she snapped back in the reality and what was happening around her. She wrapped her legs around his waist and bucked her hips causing them to both roll off the couch where Jade could finally get away. She didn't even look back as she ran towards the front door crying as she tried to do the buttons up on her shirt. Just as she reached the front door she felt a hand grab her ankle and yank her back onto the ground causing her chin to slam into the floor and her teeth rattle so hard she thought they fell out.

Warm blood ran from her lip where she bite it when she connected with the floor. She kicked Garrett with the leg he was holding and heard him swore but she didn't take a moment to turn around as she sprinted for the door again. She was almost there when Garrett got up with lightning speed and grabbed her hair and spun her around.  

She heard his hand connecting with bare flesh before she registered the pain throbbing in her face. Jade froze and stood staring at Garrett with wide eyes as he stumbled back as if just realising what he had done.

"Jade I didn't mean- I didn't." Jade shook her head and took a step back when he took one closer.

"Don't touch me." She sobbed, and she reached for the door behind her. She wanted out of there. She knew this was a bad idea and when the door open Jade fled and didn't look back.

Garrett let Jade go because he knew there was no chance. He blew it because he was so stuck on this idea and fantasy that Jade would always be his and always come back to him because they both loved each other. The amount of drugs also amplified this, and he sank to the floor knowing his life was over.