.CHAPTER 58 - Are We Breaking Up?

MARSHALL P.O.V

The next morning, we were ready to begin playing our parts. We'll start little by little, a few small fights here and there... and a couple of days from now, we'll break up.

It was lunchtime already... and Gumball and I had to be very precise, and careful.

"Ok... I'll go to the cafeteria first, and since you're the one who's been nearly losing it with anger... you're gonna have to really lose it today... just remember... just one little thing and you have to get angry... and then we'll have a fight..." He said pretty excited. I sighed.

"Yeah... yeah... I know how it goes..." I said, nervous. He looked at me and realized it. He took my face in his hands.

"Hey... I love you ok? This is just pretend..." He reassured me. I nodded.

"I love you too..." I replied.

Gumball walked into the cafeteria and sat with our other friends. Soon after, I walked in as well and joined them.

"So... as I was telling you guys... I talked to the principal and he's not gonna allow us to put up a surveillance camera on Gumball's locker..." Fiona said. I sighed. This is my chance. I started to look angry.

"What? B-but... is he just gonna l-let this keep happening then?" Gumball said, his voice was shaky. I slammed the table.

"FUCK THIS... I'M GONNA PUT UP A CAMERA ANYWAY..." I said fuming. Gumball grabbed my hand and the others look shook.

"Marshy... c-calm down ok? It's fine... we'll figure out another wa—" I had to interrupt him, slapping his hand away.

"ANOTHER WAY? YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE AFECTED BY THIS?" I yelled. People started to notice us.

"Hey, you guys... it's not gonna help if you start fighting now..." Fiona said.

"Yeah, man... calm down..." Flame said, handing me a bottle of water. I sighed.

"I'm just... I'm tired of people targeting him all the time..." I said.

"Well... I'm sorry for being an easy target..." Gumball said, getting up and leaving.

"Wait, Gummy... that's not..." Fiona said, sighing after realizing he was already out of reach. She gazed at me, angry.

"What?" I asked, confused. She huffed.

"You're an idiot." Bonnie said, going after Gumball, Marcy followed her, suppressing a smile to me.

"I know" I said, looking down. This is only the beginning, I can't be a complete asshole yet...

*the next day*

The next morning, we had to take it more seriously. We began arguing all the time. We would fight about every little thing, and sometimes Gumball would push me away and yell that I'm an asshole and run off.

"STOP being so irritated all the time... y-you're not helping me at all..." Gumball said, sounding hurt.

"Well... if you'd just let me deal with this my way... I wouldn't be so angry..." I said, beginning to sound mad.

"YOUR WAY?? You mean beating everybody up?" He said, angry and upset. "I told you... that's YOU... NOT ME... I can't t-take this anymore, Marshall..." He said, walking away. 

Fuck... this shit is getting real... people are always watching us so intensely...

Fiona showed up and started to question me.

"Hey, man..." She said.

"Hey..." I replied, sad.

"Look, you guys need to stop fighting... you haven't had a single civilized talk the entire week... just sit down with him and talk things through... ok?" she advised me. I sighed.