Chapter 3: Discoveries . . .

Chapter 3

   "Hello?" I answered my cellphone.

   "Hey, we're going to be there in like four minutes, so hurry up." Aurora's sultry voice advised.

   "Okay, I'll be out the door when you get here."

   "Alright, later." She bid goodbye then clicked.

   It's been a small number of weeks since the first meeting, but the three had immediately asked for my cellphone number the same day. They were suprised at the fact that I rarely ever used my cellphone. I didn't see the point of constantly charging the battery since I didn't have any friends . . . . Not that I told them that.

   Noah had pratically threatened me to let him give me a ride to and from school ever since he found out that I walked to school everyday last year. At first I refused kindly, but I remembered telling him that I didn't want to impose, but he insisted since he proclaimed that he passed by my neighborhood on the route to school from his house. And I still resisted until he said it just so happened that Aurora'a and Ethan's house were along the way to so I wouldn't feel like I was being a nuisance. 

   I quickly brushed my hair then slipped on my favorite silver ballerina flats. As I grabbed my schoolbag while closing my bedroom door behind me I headed straight to the vast kitchen which held the latest kitchen appliances. I opened the refrigerator and put the plastic bags--which I put in last night--in a small insulated lunch bag. After I zipped up the bag I heard a loud car horn honk.

   "Ah!" I jumped in shock as the strap of my school bag slid down my arm painfully.

   I quickly readjusted the strap while I walked out the front door. I turned around and locked the door. The minute I stepped outside I instantly felt October's crisp, windy air. 

   "Good morning!" I smiled once opening the door of Noah's Jeep.

   "Mornin'" Aurora replied.

   "'Sup." Ethan quietly greeted while I shut the door gently after sitting down.

   "Hey Kitten." Noah smirked while reversing out of my driveway.

   "Why do you insist on calling me that?" I barked annoyingly.

   He laughed, "'Cause it's funny how you react." He shrugged nonchalantly.

   "No it's not, Noah."

   "How many times do I have to tell you? It. Is. Very. Funny. Right, guys?" He questioned, but they were too engrossed on their cellphones. Probably used to our usual bickering by now.

   "See. They don't think it's funny." I said in a cocky tone. 

   "No. They're on Facebook so they're in zombie-mode."

   Knowing how Noah is, he's probably rolling his eyes right now.

   "They've never thought it was funny to begin with." I argued.

   "They laughed the first time I used it." He clarified.

   "Ugh!" I groaned, but we continued to bicker on the rest of the short ride to school.

   In the first week of my return to school I received a very thick stack of homework due the following Monday. I also had to dreadfully discover that Lacey was in my eighth period P.E. As soon as I had walked inside the girls' large gymnasium her eyes held a devious glint like she was going to play another horrible prank on me again. Luckily, Aurora has the same class as me so Lacey, hasn't tried anything these past few weeks. Although, that hasn't stopped her from tremble-worthy glares or her accidental trips and shoves she gives me when nobody's looking.