Chapter 24-Uncontrollable

A/N

The idea for this chapter came to me suddenly, while watching an episode of '24 Hours in A&E' -- which is exactly what the title says it is. A documentary, here in the UK, showing a twenty-four hour period in A&E in King's College Hospital. Nobody's going to die in the story, yet. I just need to throw that out there. No-one dies in this chapter.

Did anybody else watch 'Sherlock'? I've just watched all three series in a week!!

Lastly, and IMPORTANTLY: It is possible that this story will be put on hold temporarily. I've more or less used up my reserve chapters, and will have to get some real writing done before I can start posting again. Over the summer I just seem to have lost it regarding all my fanfictions, in place of an original, teen fiction/fantasy piece I've been scribbling (typing?!) down at a hundred miles an hour.

If you'd be interested in giving me some feedback of this original story (which DOES contain romance later on) please send me a message or just say so in a comment. Any help would be really, really appreciated!

Lucy xX

***

It wasn't until about seven o'clock the following morning that Edward began to shift around in his sleep. I let his hand go, allowing him to move freely as he slept away for his last hour or so. I knew the signs of a human about to wake up, and Edward was displaying all of them.

Forty minutes later, Edward's eyelids fluttered slightly, and then opened to reveal a glassy pair of startling green eyes. Edward blinked a couple of times, ran a hand over his face, and let out a sigh. It was only then that he seemed to remember where he was, and who he was with.

"Good morning," I said, my lips curving into a smile as I watched Edward first thing in the morning.

"Morning," Edward replied, yawning as he sat up. "You didn't have to stay all night."

"Did you not want me to?"

"No, it's not that, but there must be things you normally do during the night. Not watching humans sleep."

I shrugged. "I had nothing better to do. Besides, I wouldn't have wanted you to have nightmares with me not here to wake you up immediately." Gently, I brushed a lock of hair back from Edward's forehead, forcing myself not to let my frigid fingers linger on his warm skin.

Edward's eyes softened as he watched me. "If you ever tell me you don't have a soul again, I swear-"

"Break up the love-fest, you two!" Emmett hollered from downstairs. "We've got Doctor Who to watch! I mean, we've got things to discuss!" Emmett added hastily.

Edward and I both laughed. "I'll let you get dressed," I said, standing up and crossing the room in a tiny fraction of a second. I clearly startled Edward, as his eyes widened, focusing on me after a few seconds. I moved back towards him, more slowly this time; I stood on my toes and pressed a kiss to his forehead, before moving out of the room at a more human pace, shutting the door behind me.

Instantly, I was assaulted by an over-excited Alice, who began to babble at a hundred miles an hour. In no uncertain terms, I told her to stop speaking. Silently, the two of us walked downstairs, Alice buzzing with excitement. It wasn't until we were stood in the living room that I permitted her to speak again.

"You have got to tell me everything about yesterday!" she squealed. "Absolutely everything!"

"Have I?"

"Yes! What happened? Did you kiss him? Did he kiss you?"

"We talked. I think I scared the living daylights out of him while I tried to convince him that he wasn't safe with us."