Four: Bloody Hell

The earth cools as the sun sets behind me. I descend upon Logan like a hawk circling its prey. The blood flowing through his veins beneath his skin is visible to my eyes. Blood-- what a beautiful crimson it is.

I feel every one of my senses have heightened. A thousand smells and sensations flood within me. Colors I've never seen before dance in front of my eyes. I look down at Logan. He has on his signature pokerface but I can tell that he's nervous. Every muscle in his body is tense. He grips his weapon, knuckles whitened, ready to strike me down. But I won't give him a chance. His heart beats sound like a loud drum in my ears. The scent of his body and sweat, all so musky, masculine and deliciously oaky-- invades my nose.

I lick my lips. Unable to control myself and without a warning, I attack Logan, knocking him to the ground. He lands on the soft dirt  with a loud "oof" escaping his lips. I straddle him and to my surprise, he doesn't struggle or fight back when I grind against his hips. I've turned into a succubus.

"Logan," I say raspily before planting my lips over his neck. I lick his sweet and salty skin. My gums, they tickle as I grow two sharp fangs. "I'm sorry..." It's as if my body and actions no longer belong to my mind. My heart cries when my fangs impale Logan's flesh. From the bite marks, blood flows generously from Logan's veins to my mouth. As his blood enters me, I close my eyes and it's as if fireworks are exploding in my core. I feel every one of Logan's emotions-- melancholy, fear, surprise, disappointment and pleasure. Our minds and thoughts meld. I see a vision of him, staring at me as I sleep. He caressed my face before planting a soft kiss on my lower lip. When did this happen?  

"Jenna... please stop."

Logan's words freeze me before I drink him dry. His blood, ambrosia to my tongue, is too addictive. What if I can't stop myself? I could turn my friend into a raisin. I curse and push myself away from him. How much blood have I taken from him? What have I done?

Logan, still alive but breathless and pale, stares at me with fear and dread in his eyes, as if he were looking at the ugliest sleeper in the world. Have I become a sleeper? I look at my hands. Alabaster skin over muscle and bones. My black hair is still long and atop my head. I pinch my cheeks. I'm still human. Ish. 

I wipe his warm blood from my lips before I'm tempted to lick it all up like a hungry pooch. I breathe heavily and kneel before Logan. I grab his cold hands and hug them to my heart. 

"What happened to me?" I bury my face on his chest and cry bloody tears. My wings, they disappear, folding back into my back. 

My ears twitch. Death draws near us again. As the sun disappears from the horizon, the sleepers come out to play, in freaking hordes. Out in the open world and with Logan weakened, we're sitting ducks. 

~*~

What do you think will happen next? Your comments dictate the story. Votes and hearts encourage me to write faster :)

Kat's Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3342372.Kat_Lieu

Kat's Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/Kat-Lieu/e/B003U1T7SC

Kat's webpage: http://www.nummyz.com