Ch. 9 | Cry Baby

I hope you have enjoyed this story. Please note that this is the very last chapter update that I will be posting on here. If you would like the full version of this book, head on over to WWW.THEUNFAMOUSSERIES.COM and order it now for just £2.99.

Happy reading fancy face ;)

***

It had all felt far too good to be true and unfortunately it was; Ace is an asshole. No guy is that wonderful on paper and without having some flaw to tarnish their perfect existence. God why did he have to be such an asshole? I really liked him and up until yesterday things had been so good. We were happy, deliriously so, and then he just turned on me and became someone else. Granted I don’t know him as well as I should, and I knew he would reveal his dark side sooner or later, but never in a million years did I expect him to treat me like that. A whore and a stupid bich who he’s tired of fucking; I mean God, how do you go from champagne and roses to acid and thorns like that without real justification? I didn’t do anything to him. I know that couples get into arguments, it’s not like this is my first relationship, or the first partner I’ve had it out with, but it felt far too early in our relationship for things to escalate to something so toxic.

I went back inside after I walked away from him and hung out with the girls. I didn’t tell them what happened or explain why Ace and I were suddenly so distant -I didn’t want to talk about it. I just wanted to go home but they were having such a good time that I didn’t want to ruin their night too, especially not Rio’s as she had wanted to go so badly. I was glad that I didn’t because it looked like she was having an amazing night; by the end of it she and Fontaine had charmed their way into the VIP area and then she left the club with the other white boy that was sitting in there; Carter Johnson.

When Carmen saw them leaving together her mouth fell open and she said; “How he hell does she do it?”

“Do what?” I asked not understanding her shock.

“How the hell does she manage to snag the most popular guys?  She’s gone from the king of Brompton to the king of Langford. From Nate Gibson to Carter fucking Johnson -how?”

I detected some envy. I shrugged, “She’s a nice girl.”

Carmen took a sip of her wine that she’d already had more than enough of, “If by nice you mean she looks like a black Barbie with a big ass and tits, then yeah, she’s really nice!” That remark made me raise my eyebrow at her. Carmen and Rio are the tightest out of us lot, but there is something off about the way Carmen reacts towards her sometimes, like she felt that she’s meant to be the Queen B of our group, not Rio.

I changed the subject, “How are things going with you and Bless?”

“Ugh,” she rolls her eyes, “I’m still trying to figure that out. You think you can get Ace to put in a good word for me?” she laughed with a hint of bitterness. I smiled uncomfortably in response and sipped my wine. I looked over at Ace sitting in the VIP booth with the platinum blonde girl, pretending not to notice me, pretending that we’re not mad at each other, pretending that he’s not an asshole. What an asshole!

*

It’s 1am and I’m tossing and turning in bed trying to settle into the right position that will allow me to drift off into a peaceful slumber as I have to wake up again in six hours for my Modern Art lecture, but no matter which way I lay I can’t seem to switch off. My mind is tormenting me with flashbacks of mine and Ace’s fall out, the repetition of events only serving to make me angry, not sleepy. A spliff would do the trick, but even though I’m too awake to fall asleep, I’m too tired to do anything else but lay there. My phone rings; it’s been ringing every fifteen to twenty minutes or bleeping to signal that I have yet another new message. It’s Ace. I refuse to talk to him; it’s not that I don’t want to, I do, because laying in my bed without him here feels lonely. I never felt lonely sleeping alone until he wasn’t allowed to sleep next to me anymore. Because I know I want to talk to him for this reason, I won’t pick up. We were only together for about a week, but within that week we had been together so intensely that it felt longer and more substantial than a week within one of my other previous relationships. I know that if I pick up my phone that he will apologise, but I’m not ready to hear it. I want to stay mad for a little longer. I switch my phone off and roll over.