Chapter Eight

8. Reassuring Answers (Part Two)

Mixx

I couldn't believe that Trey was actually planning and I don't know exactly what it is, but its kind of scaring me in a way. I tried calling Jhene and Hazel and none of them answered. I guess they had better things and better lives to get back too. So after trying for about 5 times, I just sat back and watched tv. After a while, I checked the time and saw that it was 7:45. I got up and got dressed in some shorts, and a blue tank top along with my army high top sneakers. I put my hair in a bun and got in my car and headed over to Trey's house. I wondered what Trey had in store for me because he was always the one to surprise me, no matter what happened around us.

***

I finally arrived at Trey's house and went up to the door to knock on it. But the door was kind of opened. I opened the door and the house was completely dark. Then I saw candles and rose petals everywhere on the floor. I put my phone and keys on the table and saw a note that was for me. I grabbed it and read it aloud:

If you still believe that nothing is something is worth risking then meet me by the pool out back.

Always, Trey

I shook my head and smiled. I put the note down and went to the back of the house and started hearing music. It was one of my favorite songs and Trey absolutely knew that: August Alsina Kissin' On My Tattoos. I kept walking to the back until the song got louder and then I saw Trey standing there.

"Glad you came.'' Trey said.

"I guess I could say the same." I said.

"Are you ok?" Trey asked.

"I don't know to tell you the truth." I said.

"What's wrong?" Trey questioned.

"I'm not sure that we should be doing this." I said.

"What do you mean?'' Trey asked.

"I know that you like me and have for a couple of months, but there's something that you should know and I don't know how you are going to react to this." I started to say.

Trey didn't say anything to me because I knew he was waiting for me to finish. I took a deep breath and tried to finish. "Since that you confessed to me, I think it's time that I confessed to you. For years and ever since we've grown up together, I've been in love with you and I don't know where this leads us and what will happen in the process." I continued.

"It doesn't have to change anything. It can lead to whereever you want it to lead too." Trey said cupping my face into his hands and pulled me in closer.

"I'm scared Trey." I said.

"So am I, but we gotta get through this together." Trey said.

I looked up into Trey's eyes and smiled. I could tell that he really meant it and I knew that he was really sincere. I shook my head ok and understood. So I guess now we could get back to whatever it was that Trey wanted us to do.

Trey

I didn't know what has gotten into Mixx, but I had reassure her that everything was going to be alright. After finding out that she had and still does have a crush on me, we talked it out and I guess we are having a trial run. 

"So what are we gonna do now?" Mixx asked.

I had a creepy smile on my face and I could tell that Mixx was getting really worried. So I picked her up and basically through her into the pool. I busted out laughing and couldn't help but laugh. When she came back up to the surface, she was super angry, but I really didn't give a shit.

"Trey!" Mixx yelled.

"What?" I questioned.

"I'm going to kill you." Mixx said getting out the water.

I realized what she meant by that and I started running around the pool. I ran as fast as I could, but Mixx was in track when we were in high school and eventually she caught up to me. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see what Mixx was going to do, if she caught me.

"Ok, ok, I give up." I said pretending to give up.

"Sadly, for you that was a big mistake." Mixx said. 

"Oh yea, so what you gonna do about it?" I asked.

Mixx then pushed me into the water and I brought her along with me. We both splashed and hit the pool floor and Mixx pushed me away from her as we began to swim up to the surface. Mixx was laughing and I haven't seen her have this much fun in a while and I'm glad that I was able to bring it out of her so quickly. From then, we kept chasing and splashing each other in the pool and it was so much fun. 

~A Couple of Hours Later~

Mixx

"It's a good thing that I sleep over her once in a while." I said.

"Yea it is, I guess." Trey said.

Trey and I were in the pool for about 3 hours straight and now we were both cold, wet, and tired. I looked through the closet and found some clothes, and all I needed to do was jump in the shower and wash out all the pool water that was all over me. After getting some clothes, I hopped in the bathroom and took a nice hot shower. Once I came out, Trey was sitting on the bed waiting for me. I went to go sit next to him to see what was wrong.

"Hey, is everything ok?" I asked.

"Yea everything's fine." Trey said.

 "Then why do you seem so sad right now?" I asked.

"It's not that I'm sad, it's just I wanna try something and I don't know how you are going to feel about it." Trey said.

"Trey, I have no idea what you mean." I said.

Trey turned to face me and looked me in my eyes. My heart began to beat like crazy and my breathing became uncontrollable. Trey cupped his hand around my face and pulled me in closer into a kiss. The kiss was so passionate and yet so sweet. I kissed him back and things began to heat up.

I realized what I was doing and pulled away and walked over to the door. I put my hands on my head realizing what I was doing was wrong and that all of this was moving way to fast. I knew that Trey was wondering what was going on with me and I couldn't blame him.

"Are you ok?" Trey asked.

"I-I don't know." I said.

"Was it something that I did?" Trey asked.

"No, of course not." I said. "It's not you it's me."

"That means its me, shit." Trey said.

"No it's really me Trey. It's one thing to find out that your best friend wants to be your boyfriend, but another to want to jump into bed with each other. I'm sorry but everything is happening so fast and I don't want to mess it up. Ok?" I questioned.

"I understand." Trey said.

I walked back over to Trey and gave him a quick peck on the lips and hopped on his bed. I laid on my back and Trey followed behind and wrapped his arm around me as we began to cuddle. Then I felt myself falling asleep in Trey's arm. Trey always had the confronting touch and that's what I liked about him.

Trey

Maybe Mixx was right. We just got together and we don't have to jump in bed together. I mean I have to take her feelings under consideration. We won't do anything unless she wants too. And I'm just gonna have to live with that.

Do you think that Mixx made the right decision in not sleeping with Trey right away? Will Trey actually wait for Mixx until she's ready? What are your predictions or comments on their relationship?

Thanks.