A lesson, New look, New name

“Who are you and why am I here? I asked curiously as I tried to shuffle away from the goons behind me. The man just chuckled and shook his head.

“Isabella Chloe Smith, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.”

I met his stare when I heard him say my name. “Honestly, who the hell are you?” I screamed at him losing my cool. He chuckled again.

“Jonathan Bond and yes I’m related to James.” He flashed a bright grin. I just rolled my eyes and looked around. It was then I realized where I was. We stood in front of tall metal gates with electric wires on top. Attached to each end of the gate were high stone walls also with electric wires running along the top.

“Amazing, isn’t it?” Jonathan asked. I nodded without saying anything. “Now Isabelle we have plenty to discuss. Come along child.” I followed behind him meekly feeling scared before I could stop myself I blurted out, “Will you kill me?” I slapped my hand on my mouth in horror at what I just said. What he did next surprised me; he started laughing. I looked at him very confused until he composed himself. “No child. Quite the opposite actually. Now come.”

I followed him through the gates and what I saw inside took my breath away. A huge building stood before me. Two other buildings surrounded it. The buildings looked old but in a grand way like old castles. “Close your mouth, Isabelle. We don’t want any flies in there do we now.” I closed my mouth immediately and glared at him. We entered the middle building and walked down a long hallway until we reached a large oak door. “After you,” he said. I walked passed him into the room. My jaw dropped when I saw the room. A large mahogany desk was in the centre towards the back. The walls were a deep red. Pictures hung on the walls. The desk had knick knacks on it. I think there was even a Rubik’s cube.

“What is this place?” I breathed. He smiled,” My office; now sit.” He ushered me into a leather chair that felt as if a thousand marshmallows were sewn together. I audibly sighed and closed my eyes reveling in the warmth it brought. Someone cleared their throat and I quickly opened my eyes. Jonathan looked down at me with a small smile.

“Sorry,” I mumbled. He nodded his head. “Now, I believe you are wondering why you’re here.” I nodded meekly. “A hundred years ago, the country was in dire situation, people were being raped and killed brutally. Serial killers were everywhere and crime was all over. A man called Richard Smithdon suggested a solution to the problem, a spy school. They all laughed at him and said he was crazy. So Richard started the building of the school for he was a billionaire at that time. When he finished, he handpicked a hundred students all 13 years old and began to train them in the arts of espionage. They were to study Languages, Defence, World History, Martial Arts and of course some of your average school subjects. At the end of 6 years they were given missions and slowly but surely the minds behind the crimes were found and caught. He named the school after his mother’s saint.”

“That was a nice story and all but I still don’t know why I am here.” I told him truthfully while wondering why he was telling me this. He simply smiled and said, “Why darling, you’ve just been recruited.” I sat there shocked as I absorbed the information. “B-b-but I don’t even know how to fight. I’m not even that smart,” I replied lamely.

Suddenly, the Rubik’s cube was heading straight for my head. I snatched it from the air before it could hit my face. I looked at it stunned. How had I caught that? He laughed at my surprised expression. “Your mother taught you well.” I jerked up, “What do you mean ‘my mother’?”   “Your mother went to St. Benedict’s when she was younger,” he said in soft tone, “she was a spy too.”

I gasped, “How?” He just shook his head sadly. “She said she didn’t want this life for you but we all knew she would train you somehow. Tell me, did she ever tell you to do weird things?”  Come to think of it she did. Many a time when I was younger did the power ‘go off’ and we had to ‘struggle’ for days. I used to do these weird exercises when I was younger too. He noticed my look and sighed.

“We need to change your name and your appearance slightly. I fingered my luscious brown locks and glared at him questioningly. Suddenly, he turned serious and said, “Someone killed your mother and we don’t want them to find you too. Oh yes, I almost forgot to tell you. You’re Richard’s great granddaughter.” I was shocked. He just shook his head. “Go to the bathroom there, a dye kit is on the sink. Follow the instructions carefully.” I nodded and walked there. An hour later my hair was a jet black with grey highlights I had put in myself. I stepped out of the bathroom after drying my hair and brushing it. Jonathan turned and simply nodded but he tried to contain his shocked look. “You look a lot like her.” I knew who he was talking about and I forced myself not to cry.

“Your new name is Carly-Anne Isabelle Mitchells. You lived in New York before now, you are an orphan. You can make up your likes and dislikes. Your birthday is 31st March and you are 16 years right now. Your dorm is 16. You will be rooming with Gale Jones. She is your age too.”

I took in the information as he escorted me to the door. We stopped in front of a white door with 16 written on it in swirly black letters.

“And Carly, good luck,” he walked away leaving me so confused. I twisted the knob and entered only to be met with something horrifying.

A/N

Don’t you just love cliffhangers? Anyways I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Pls don’t forget to vote, comment and fan. Thanks. Love you guys.

Me xxx