*Chapter Three: Dream*

***********

The way he held me close to his body made me shiver. His deep blue eyes wandered over my face searching for an answer. His smile illuminated the abyss we were floating in. I could feel his heart beating through his chest from how close we were. I was sure he could feel mine as it increased from the nervousness running through my veins. My cheeks glowed red as I started to understand his words.

I nodded my head, and he grinned widely. His hand moved to caress my cheek, tilting my face to look at him. His eyes are filled with love as he leans closer. I watched as his eyelids fell in, and I let mine do the same.

I expected the feeling of his lips on mine, but it never came. The warmth of his body disappeared, leaving me cold. All I heard was a loud blaring noise. I winced in confusion.

My loud alarm clock screams to wake me up. I groan, already wishing I was back in my dream kissing that mysterious boy. Sadly, I lift my right arm and flop it on top of the alarm, hitting the dismiss button. I sit up as I stretch my arms high above my head. Swinging my legs out from underneath my comforter, I let my feet settle on the floor before standing up. I shuffle towards the bathroom that was attached to my bedroom. I glance at myself in the mirror.

My jet-black hair was a mess from sleeping, and my brown eyes had dark circles underneath them. I pinch my left cheek with my index and thumb and pull at my cheek. I let go and smile widely at myself. I drop the happy act and roll my eyes before doing my morning routine.

After I completed my morning routine, I walked back into my room and over to my closet. My eyes wander over the selection of clothes until I find an outfit. I strip out of my pajamas and pull on a purple tank top, baggy black sweatpants, and purple Nike high tops.

I take hold of my brush from my nightstand and run it through my tangled hair. After, I pull it into a ponytail letting the baby hairs fall around my face. I grab my bookbag and phone before I leave my room.

The house is calm. I peer into Jason's bedroom to see if he was in there, but he wasn't. So, I wander downstairs, and the silence still stays with me. Upon entering the kitchen, I find a note sitting on the island. I pick it up and read:

Yo,

I'm scheduled late today so don't forget to take your medicine and stuff.

Love you, Jason

I roll my eyes. It's typical of Jason to leave so early and write a letter. I place the note back on the table and go to the medicine cabinet. I open it up, and my prescription was sitting there waiting for me to take it. I twist the cap off and measure out the amount of liquid before taking it like a shot. I wince at the taste as I made myself a bacon-and-egg bagel.

I slowly chomp down on my breakfast, careful not to choke. After that, I clean up after myself and go to the pantry. After opening the door, I grab the bag of cat food.

I hear a scamper of a small tabby cat before I hear a meow. Clover, my cat, stands in front of her food bowl waiting patiently for her food. I crouch down and pour the contents into the bowl. She digs right into her food, filling up her stomach.

Making sure I had everything, I clutch my keys getting ready to leave. I lock the door and start my walk to school. Taking my headphones and placing them in my ears, I crank the volume loud. The music flows from the headphones into my ears, dancing around my mind. Each step I take, a calming feeling that I sensed starts to fade. Something much darker started to fill up the space, and the world around me began to slow down. 

I take a deep breath and brush off that anxious feeling as I step onto the school property. So far, no one even realizes I was there. I hope to keep it that way for the rest of the school year. Everyone was busy discussing the drama that was important to a teenager. 

As I walked through the doors of the school, my phone vibrates. I take my phone out and see it's my best friend, Bea.

Bea: hey did you do the math homework?

Bea: also I hate my parents sooooo much! I wish they would give me a fuckin break

I giggle slightly to myself at Bea's texts. I text her back as I walk, not watching where I am going.

Joy: aw man I'm sorry what happened this time? :(

Joy: and yea I'll let you copy it

Bea: thankyou thankyou thankyou!!

Bea: they're always bugging me about what college I'm gonna apply to and if I have thought about my major. They want me to be a doctor or some shit... I don't even know what my favorite color is and they want me to decide on college?? Let me live a little

Joy: You should major in something that you enjoy and like.

Bea: and what would that be???

Bea stumps me with her reply. Though I am not her, I know that she was never an academic person. College might not be her crowd. Hopefully, her parents will see that she has her interests.

I walk around the corner and run straight into something hard. I stumble back from the force of me colliding with what was obstructing my way. Realizing it was a human, I sign my apology without viewing the person's face. My cheeks flush with red from embarrassment before I turn around to walk in the opposite direction.

That's when I felt a hand clasp my wrist. I look down at the large hand around my wrist. Before I could process what was happening, I was being pulled into a dark janitor's closet away from the school setting. 

**********