07

君に胸張ってこの想い 届けられる日はく来るかな?
One day, will I be able to tell you my feelings with confidence?

Chapter 7

Sam sighed and lied down her bed.

"You're not Top..." Seira said, clearly disappointed.

Her birthday celebration was over hours ago. Everyone has already left. And after making a short visit to the semetery; to her dad's empty grave -- because they never did found his body -- she and Lee had returned to their home.

"Uhm, sorry no. He couldn't come. He just asked me to give his gift to you."

Sam perked up at that.

Honestly, Sam was very confused. She didn't really know what to do now. She felt so discontented.

She looked at her bedside table. There was a picture of her and her father. Their last picture together.

"Daddy... help me." Sam whispered.

Her left hand made its way to her chest; to her necklace. 

She clutched at the cross pendant; the only thing recovered from her father's accident in the mines. And for a moment, she felt as if her dad was with her again.

Suddenly, the window opened wide. There was a gush of strong wind.

Sam heard a thud. She sat up and looked at what fell.

It was his gift. His painting of her.

She saw her smiling face. She didn't even know she held that expresion as she gaze at the moon.

"You know Top? You're his friend? Do you know where he is?"

Sam made a fist, and in the process, she had crumpled the piece of paper she had been holding with her other hand.

She opened her right hand and looked at the piece of paper. There were words written on it.

"Yes. He's in his house. I can give you his adress if you'd like. I'm sure he'll be pleased to see you." The young man said.

The man took a piece of paper from his pocket. It was a receipt. "Uhm, sorry, I don't have any other paper on  me." He said and he continued to scribble on the back of the receipt.

He passed the paper to Samwhen he was finished.

Sam took it silently.

"Oh, by the way I'm Otap, Top's friend. It's nice to meet you." He said, smiling.

Sam stood up and went to the painting. She let it stand again.

She gaze at it, and slowly a smile crept on her lips.

There was a knock.

Sam stood up and arranged herseilf. "Come in." She said.

It was Lee.