11- honesty and sticking together

That day, all anybody could think about was the lights they had seen. Scott had never seen any kind of magic before the repetition; he knew it wasn't real.

But that first day he knew he was in the repetition, everything changed. He now wondered what other things could be magically happening.

But the light had gone. Kirstin let go of their hands.

Scott was laying in bed. He looked at his phone. 12:43. The next day had begun. Well, it started over again. He sighed. He could tell it was going to be a long night.

He rolled over and looked at Kirstin next to him. She was on her back, with her eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling. He saw a tear running down her face.

"Kirstin!" He whispered. She looked over at him, and started wiping her tears. "Yeah?"

"What's wrong?" He asked. She sighed and turned back to look at the ceiling.

He furrowed his brow. He sat up in the bed, and faced her. She looked at him briefly before looking back at the ceiling.

"It has to do with the light, doesn't it?" He asked gently. She hesitated before slowly nodding.

He tilted his head in sympathy. "Why'd you let go?"

More tears streamed down her face.

"Scott, that would've let us out of the repetition," she said in a monotone voice, not looking at him, "and I don't know if I want that."

Scott's eyes widened. Why on Earth would she not want to break free from the time prison they were in?

"This crazy, magical force that makes every day repeat; it brought us together. And I don't know if I want to be free from the repetition because I love you guys so much, and the one thing forcing us to be together will go away." She turned her head and looked into his eyes.

"That was what set us apart, and put us together. If it's gone, maybe our friendship will be too. The glue that holds our friendship together is the repetition. And without it, we might not be as close or maybe not even speak."

She closed her eyes and let more tears stream down her face.

"I'm just not ready to lose you guys. I love you too much to let that happen."

Scott exhaled. He hadn't even thought about that. No matter how annoying the time loop was, it was what brought them together.

He motioned for her to sit up. She slowly rose and faced him. He took both of her hands.

"Kirstie, no matter what we're gonna be together. The five of us, we've been through so much together. We're a family. And if we're not living everyday over again, we can have new experiences together! Meeting families, actually moving in together, pulling an all-nighter"- Kirstin giggled, cutting him off. He smiled.

"Hey, I'm serious. We have our whole live ahead of us. We may have spent a long time together, but it's all been this one day. After today, we can live everyday to come doing different things, going different places; it's gonna be great."

Kirstin sighed, smiling and wiping her tears. Scott kissed her cheek, and hugged her.

"God I love you. I love all four of you." She said. Scott grinned. He had done his job.

He heard a little sniffle from coming from the door. He got up and opened it. Mitch, Matt, and Kevin has their ears cupped up against the door. He sighed.

Matt was fighting back tears, and Mitch and Kevin were grinning.

They walked in and sat on the bed. They all sat in a circle on the bed.

"Can I say something?" Matt asked. They nodded.

"Before the repetition, I didn't have real friends. I mean, no close, best friends. The repetition did amazing things for me, and all of us. We got each other through this. And we're gonna get each other out."

He took Kirstin's hand. She took Scott's hand. He took Mitch's hand. He took Kevin's hand. He took Matt's hand.

"What did Scott say when it happened before?" Mitch asked.

"I'll always run to you?" Scott asked. They grinned.

Suddenly, the lights filled their chests. The colorful hues filled the dark room. Kirstin's dogs ran into the room and started barking.

They held their hands tight. Scott looked at each of his best friends. Kirstin, Matt, Kevin, Mitch. He loved them all with everything he was and hoped to be. They helped each other through this whole chaotic time. And he knew they would stay together forever.

The light faded, and they all immediately fell unconscious.