Part 9

It was time. There was a powerful energy around camp as everyone prepared for there trip to the T.I. 73 crash site. The sky had been dark last night with only this planet's moon to brighten it. Lauren had guessed that it was safe to go now.

Perrie sat quietly on a log, her knee bouncing as she processed her thoughts. She liked to walk through every mission and think of every way it could go wrong before she did it. This was an important planning process that she liked to follow. If Dr. Shipka or anyone from the plantation had been watching Perrie in her holding cell before she escaped, they would have instantly realized what she was doing. But the people transporting her never read her file, or what was available for them to read. They had underestimated her because of her kind hearted looks and timid personality. Really she was just biding her time for the right moment.

Jade watched Perrie out of the corner of her eye as she packed up her bow and slung the quiver onto her back.

"Oou Leigh, you look like a badass!" Claud commented as Leigh-Anne stepped out of the pod. She had on the black coveralls along with her new pistol holsters. Jesy followed from behind her with a proud grin on her face.

"Yeah, but she wouldn't hurt a fly." Jesy commented lovingly from behind. She was suited up as well, but with the addition of two Katanas in their holders on her back.

"I would if it flew near me, I hate bugs." Leigh responded, checking her weapons one last time before nodding, satisfied that she was ready.

"Where's Lauren?" Claud asked as he picked up the semi-automatic machine gun he had learned to take apart and put back together.

"She's just making sure she has everything." Jesy responded, gesturing with her thumb to the pod behind them. Jade walked over to Perrie

"Where are your weapons Pez?" She inquired, curious as to why Perrie wasn't getting ready like the rest of them.

"I am my own weapon."

"Right..." Jade responded awkwardly, remembering that Perrie had been created in a lab. It's not like she had forgotten, but the way that Perrie was, especially with Jade, made her forget what she was capable of. Perrie was a little cutie that Jade just wanted to protect. She was so adorable, especially when she didn't understand what something was. It was easy to forget that the blonde contained the strength of... well, Jade didn't know. Did she even have a weakness?

"But maybe it would be good to have one..." Perrie thought aloud, standing from her seat and looking around for one.

"Here, take this." Jesy exclaimed as she handed Perrie her pocket knife. "I bet you can do wonders with this."

Perrie nodded with a timid smile, casting her gaze to Jade who was checking her out. "My eyes are up here." She joked, remembering how Leigh-Anne had said that to Jesy the other day.

"I know," Jade responded, feeling a burst of confidence. "But you do have other nice features I like to look at." She face palmed internally at how awful that attempt was, but then felt redeemed once Perrie started to giggle.

"Like what, Ms. Jade?" Perrie asked in a teasing tone.

"Well your -"

"Enough chitchat," Lauren interrupted as she tightened the straps on her backpack. "If we wanna be back before nightfall, we have to leave now."

Jade's face fell into a scowl as she followed everyone else silently after Lauren. But her pleasant mood was brought back as Perrie fell into step beside her. The four in front of them started talking, allowing Jade and Perrie a moment to themselves.