Chapter 13: Shattered Egos and Goodbyes

James should have known better. He had been stupid enough to cast an advanced detection charm. Normally these worked great when you were trying to sense small objects that slip through average detection charm, but not when you wanted to be stealthy. He had dedicated years of his life to being the greatest prankster since his namesakes. He thought he had succeeded. He thought that he made the original James Potter and Sirius Black's pranks look like ammeter's work. Now as he sat with his screaming grandmother's face, blotched red with anger, he had clearly over estimated his skills.

"WHERE ARE THEY?" Grandma Molly screamed for what felt like the thousandth time, as she stomped her foot on the floor dramatically.

Approximately two hours after the others left, some small type of animal had scampered across the hall, which sent the detection charm into effect as well as a blaring alarm. Within seconds everyone who hadn't been awake, was woken up by the shrill shrieks. It had only taken Grandma Molly five minutes, before she realized what had happened and that the children were gone.

James leaned further back on the couch in the library, refusing to give up any type of information. Lily sat comfortably to his right, keeping a calm expression on her face. Fred II and Hugo sat on the hardwood floor, leaning their backs against the couch. Hugo was using Lily's leg as a pillow. His eyes were closed and if it wasn't for his foot tapping on the floor, you would have thought he was asleep. Fred II was staring aimlessly at the rows of bookshelves, tuning out the his grandmother's yelling. He was used to people lecturing him and had gotten good at ignoring people when they lectured him.

"They could be in trouble James." Arthur Weasley interrupted his wife, setting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Do you have any idea of the dangers they could encounter? They'll need our help and we can't do that, unless you tell us where they are."

Truthfully James was worried about the exact same things, but they had all agreed to not reveal any part of their plan unless they had not heard from the group in five hours. So far they were on hour three. James was prepared to face two more hours of interrogation, before confessing their plans. 

James yawns and shrugs. "They'll probably be alright." 

Molly shrieks in frustration and storms out of the room, with Arthur close behind her trying to offer comforting words. This left them alone with Sirius, who looked just as worried as Molly. Since they arrived almost three weeks ago, Sirius had done his best to stay clear of the travelers. Whenever one of them approached them he'd make up some excuse about Order business. In all honesty, knowing about the future scared Sirius, but right now the thought of Harry being in danger scared him far worse. 

"Look kids," Sirius says calmly. "They could be in danger. I know you think you know what you're doing, but Voldermort is out there waiting for the moment to kill Harry. This could be just the moment he needs. You have to tell us where they are, so we know that they are safe."

Hugo pops open his eyes. "They are safe." 

"And how do you know that?" Sirius demands.

"Because Rose's arrow isn't pointing to mortal danger." Hugo shrugs, glancing down at his wrist watch. Much like his grandma's clock, his watch held four arrows, each with one of his immediate family's name. Rose's arrow was pointed to Hogwarts, which meant they were still in search of a time-turner. 

Sirius' eyes wide in shock and just as quickly convert into a hardening glare. "Let me see." 

Hugo sits up a little straighter, slightly unnerved by the look in Sirius' eyes. "I'm good thanks."

Sirius stares at the pudgy red headed boy and holds out his hand. "I wasn't asking." 

Lily stands up from the couch, knocking Hugo's head as she stands. Lily crosses her arms and glares at the shaggy haired man. She really did not appreciate the way he was looking at Hugo. Nobody messed with her best mate. "Are we going to have a problem here?"