Take Care

Darren waited until Peyton finished crying before he spoke up, "maybe you just need a little more time."

Peyton dabbed her eyes with a tissue, "that's the thing. I could wait until pigs fly and I still think that would be too soon."

Paige patted her shoulder, "there' no rush. Come out when you want to."

Peyton shook her head, "I don't know if I want to come out. It's just more comfortable being in the closet. I'm safe from people and their opinions in the closet." 

Paige and Darren both stayed quiet knowing that Peyton always had a problem with the image she had in everyone's eyes. 

Darren put his hand on top of Peyton's, "I think you should still tell Logan. She's under the impression that you're coming out." 

Peyton let out a sigh, "I know, but she told me she was really excited for when I came out. How could I tell her?" 

Paige shook her head, "all the more reason to tell her, hun."

Peyton nodded her head, "you guys are right," she sniffled. She looked around, realizing that Logan had been gone for a while. "Is Logan not back yet?" 

"Maybe she got lost, I mean your house is kind of huge," Paige joked. 

Peyton shook her head. No, Logan's been in her house multiple times, sure there were some rooms she hasn't been in yet, but she knew her way to the kitchen. 

She stood up and made her way downstairs. She stopped her parents who were mingling with their guests. 

"Mom, Dad, Have either of you guys seen Mackenzie?" Peyton asked, trying to keep the worry out of her voice. 

Olivia shook her head, "not since she arrived."

"I think I saw her walking to the kitchen," Ethan said. 

"Thanks, dad," she headed to the kitchen to see if maybe Logan got sidetracked talking to someone. She peeked around the corner, looking for the familiar backside she knew and loved but was unsuccessful. 

She pulled out her phone to call Logan but she didn't pick up. Peyton frowned as she walked back up the stairs to tell Darren and Paige about Logan's mysterious disappearance. She stopped at the top of the stairs when she saw the plate of food Logan left 20 minutes before. 

"Hey, guys. I think Logan left," Peyton announced as she entered the room. 

"What?" 

"Why would you think that? I thought she went to go grab your food," Paige said. 

"She did, but it's been almost half an hour since she left and I found a plate of food outside in the hall," Peyton replied. 

Darren and Paige exchanged confused looks, "did you try calling her?"

"Yeah but she's not picking up," Peyton answered. 

Darren stood up, taking his jacket back from Paige, "well then let's go find her." 

Peyton looked at her best friends with love. She was grateful for them all the time, but she was especially thankful for them right now. 

Peyton ran to her closet, pulling on some sweatpants and a hoody and left to go find Logan. 

*  *  *  *  *

Logan sat on the beach wondering if she was making the right decision. She watched the waves crashing against the shore, the sound calming her nerves. She looked up at the sky, admiring the orange and yellow hue that colored the sky. The last time she was here was with Peyton on their first date. She remembered them watching the sunset together and how nervous she felt when she went to pick her up. But the heart fluttering she felt on that date was now replaced with heartache.