Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Chase sat in a chair across the room and watched Lexi as she slept. Even in her wolf form she was a beautiful. When he first saw her in the cafeteria he froze, as he watched her walk across the room and hugged him. It took everything in him not to pick her up and carry her out of the room to somewhere private so he could devour her. But she wasn’t his so he couldn’t do that to her. He was such an idiot for walking away from her. He should never have agreed to the mating his parents wanted and chose her instead. He had lied to her though, about leaving his pack. He didn’t leave because it wasn’t safe for him. He left because of her. When the custodians all disappeared and those who hadn’t, the packs from all over started to attack them. All he could think about was her, he was scared that Ryan’s da's pack had turned against her and hurt her. So he packed a bag and left. Without saying goodbye to anyone or telling them where he was going. As soon as he was in his car and on the road he starting making calls trying to find out if she was alright. He had called Anne who had told him that Lexi had to leave Ryan’s dads pack and that she was on her way to the academy with Sam. And that’s exactly where he found her.

He heard a noise coming from down the hall bringing him out of the memory. Getting up from his seat he looked at Lexi who was sound asleep. He thought about waking Sam but then decided against it. They both looked exhausted and could use the rest. Moving to the door he slowly opened it and listed. He heard the noise again. It was coming from the stair case. Closing the dood behind him he walked down the hall way quietly. When he reached the staircase he waited to hear the noise again. When he did he noticed it was coming from the ground floor. Moving quickly but quietly he made his way down to the coms room. He wasnt sure what he could do if they were being attaked as none of them had any weapons. A promblem they needed to rectify. He couldn’t see anyone when he got there. He stood still listening for the noise. Instead he saw Sid walk across the room and kicked a tin can that was on the floor. “Stupid” He muttered under his breath

Chase relaxed when he realized the noise was coming from him and not from someone trying to sneak in and attack them. “You planning on waking the dead down here?” Chase asked wanting Sid to know he was there.

As expected he jumped about a foot off the ground in fright. “What are you doing down here?” He asked

“I came to see what the noise was. What are you doing?”

He shrugged his shoulder and didn’t reply. Chase sighed, walking further into the room he sat down on one of the chairs. “What ranking were you when the school was open?” He asked Sid.

“Why do you want to know? So you can run back to whoever you are spying for and tell them?”

“No. I just don’t recognize you, and I thought I knew most of the kids from the school if not by name then at least by scent.”

“Oh yeah, why’s that?”

“Because I used to be a Custodian here.”

Sid quit his pacing and froze on the spot “Use to, does that mean you’re one of those trader Custodians that took off without warning?” He asked growling softly.

“No, I had left months before that happened.”