Chapter One

Amazing cover made by Abigail_Grimm

Chapter One

Lexi rolled over in her large bed, sunlight was streaming in through her window. She looked at the clock on the side of the bed and noticed it was just after nine. She groaned and rolled back over, lifting her blanket up over her head. She had nothing important that she needed to get out of bed to do. Ryan would be busy as always with his father learning how to become Alpha. When the academy was attacked by vampires and his brother who was the future Alpha was killed. Ryan had to do the right thing and take the place of his brother as the future Alpha of their pack. He lacked the training and the knowledge since their father had only focused on training Ryan’s brother. So Ryan and his father worked day and night trying to catch him up on everything that he needed to know before it was time for him to take over the pack.

Being new to the pack and with Ryan always busy her days had become one long boredom fest as she tried to come up with things to do to keep herself busy. Even though she was no longer going to be a custodian, she found herself spending most of her time still training as if she were one. When Ryan found out that all she did was train he wasn’t too happy about it, but when Lexi explained that there was nothing else for her to do he gave up fighting with her about it and allowed her to continue.

Each day that passed she found herself filled with more doubt about her decision to become his mate. She understood that he needed to train to become Alpha, but they hardly spent more than twenty minutes a day together and that time was usually when they were at the dinner table at night. His parents would be there so their conversation would be short and to the point. As soon as they had finished eating Ryan would then leave to help his father. She would be left to be all alone again. She probably could handle things if that was the only problem, but she had also discovered that the pack members were not very happy about Ryan’s choice of mate. The fact that she wasn’t a lower royal and he had still chosen her had angered a lot of the pack members. She was constantly being glared at, rudely spoken too, or if she was lucky ignored by the other pack members. Ryan was clueless to this fact of course, they rarely got to spend time together and when they did other pack members were not around, and if by chance they were, they would act as if they hadn’t been treating her like crap since she had arrived.

The only time when she was truly happy there is when Anne would come to visit with Alpha Redclaw. But those visits had become few and far since Skinner had managed to escape and Alpha Redclaw had been busy trying to track her down. It was too dangerous for Anne to travel and see her. Being a higher Royal and Lexi best friend made Anne the perfect target for Skinner’s revenge. So she was safely hidden away at her father’s pack where she was watched twenty-four seven making sure she stayed safe.

She grabbed her phone off the nightstand to find no missed calls or messages. She noticed the date and a smile spread across her lips. She couldn’t believe that she had forgotten what today was.

Because she was going to be the future Luna of the pack, she required protection. Although at first she tried to argue with Alpha Miller and Ryan that she wasn’t a lower a royal and could protect herself. They would not budge on the decision. So she was forced to except protection. They at least allowed her to have a say in who the Custodian would be, and today was the day her new Custodian would finally arrive.

She quickly jumped out of bed and raced to the bathroom that was in her room so she could have a quick shower. As soon as she was clean, and dried, she grabbed a pair of black jeans and t-shirt slipping them on to her body grabbing socks and her black Nikes she put them on. Tying her hair up in a ponytail, she grabbed her phone off the nightstand she quickly walked out of her room and downstairs to the kitchen.