Chapter Eleven

Cover attached made by VeiledCrimson Thanks so much!  It's very professional :)

Chapters 11-12 have been posted 

His Game: Chapter Eleven 

At promptly 8 o'clock, Joey shows up at my house. As she pulls into my driveway, I realize I definitely never gave her my address. I have no clue how she found it, but it's proven not to be that difficult. Hell, all I have to do is type her name into the search engine and I'm sure I'll get at least three different social media sites to find a multitude of information on her.

The internet is an amazing, terrifying place.

I watch as Joey effortlessly gets off of her bike, slipping her helmet off with a small shake of her head to let her hair fall down her shoulders. Why is that so sexy to me? Then she sets her brown eyes on me, strikingly so but not as much as if they were blue.

"Hey Punk," she says as she walks towards me.

"Josephine," I smirk.

If she's going to call me Punk, I'll call her a name she doesn't like. It's only fair.

However, instead of showing annoyance or irritation, she simply smiles and waits for me to let her inside. I scowl deeply, if it doesn't bother her then it's no fun.

"I thought you didn't like the name Josephine..." I mutter as I open the door.

She chuckles, "It's not that I don't like it, I just think it's too long."

Well that plan didn't work.

Ugh.

We walk inside, and she instantly notices the setup I laid out; an array of Chinese food on the living room coffee table, set out with a rose and a pile of movies for us to choose from.

I am playing all the cards to get her into bed.

Joey slowly walks into the living room, peeling off her jacket, and then turns to me with a sly smirk.

"I thought I was supposed to do the cheesy gestures to make you fall for me, not the other way around," she hums.

I smirk and saunter over to her, sliding my hands onto her waist that is a perfect fit to my grip. "Is that you admitting you're falling for me?" 

She places her hands on my chest, causing my skin to jump at her smooth touch, and then she lightly shoves me back. "Keep dreaming, Punk."

With a small chuckle, I pull away and move towards the food I laid out. It's no Italian, but I am actually starting to like Chinese food.

"I got two orders of dumplings, fried rice, lo-mien, orange chicken, sesame chicken, and some soup," I list.

She raises a brow at me, "You're really trying, aren't you Punk?"

I shrug, "What can I say? I know how to win a girl over."

She snorts and sits down, sinking into the couch. "You're finally on the right track," she admits with a sly look, "What else do you have in store for me, Rhett Calvetti?"

I smirk and grab the stack of movies resting on the counter. In the mix is practically every horror movie one could think of.

I'm kind of a horror movie buff. I go see nearly every one that comes out on the night of the release, and if I like it I buy it the day it comes out on DVD. You could call it a passion or a hobby of mine, and it's one I won't ever grow out of.