Pureblood Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Maya knocked on her father's office door and entered on his invitation; "Hello father." She said with a smile.

"Hello Maya, I see you received my message."

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Why should something be wrong?"

"Because that's the only time you send for me and the rest of the time you're too busy for your own daughter."

"Maya don't be difficult."

"I'll be whatever I want to be." She snapped.

"Are you going to listen to what I have to say or are you going to keep on acting like a brat?"

"Fine, I'll play along; what is it you want to tell me?"

"I've decided that I'll let you go out more often, under supervision of course."

Any other person would be grateful for the opportunity to be more free, but Maya knew her father very well and instantly smelled a rat; "Why now all of the sudden?"

"I saw how well it went the last time."

"The last time? The last time I got lost in a blazing hot desert and you think it went well."

"It was a minor misfortune, but other than that everything went well; you were able to deliver me a full report on the vampire hunters and you got you information without being discovered."

She still didn't trust him, but she decided to play along to see where he was going with this; "I guess you're right, it did go well if you over look the getting lost part."

"Exactly, so there is really nothing wrong with giving you more freedom, under supervision."

"What kind of supervision are you talking about?"

"Maybe the boy that accompanied you the last time."

"Ok that could work, thank you, I guess."

"My pleasure, as a matter of fact why don't you go somewhere tonight?"

"Where would I go?"

"What about the beach?" He suggested a little too quickly for Maya's comfort.

"That sounds wonderful, I love the beach."

"I know; that's why I suggested it."

Now she knew that he was up to something; she'd only been to the beach a handful of times with her mom and dad and hated it; there was nothing for her to do except swim in the sea the whole time, it just goes to show that her father didn't know her at all; "Just one problem, the beach is a little too far for us to walk there."

"You can the limo and a chauffeur to prevent you from getting lost again."

"Thanks, that's awfully generous of you." Which was another indication that he was up to something; her father didn't even know how to spell generous.

"Now what are you waiting for, get the boy and go have fun."

"Whatever you say father." She said with a smile and left the room.

She found Kevin by his lockers; "Hey Kev, get your things ready, we're going to the beach."

"What?" He asked confused.

"My father gave me permission to go to the beach and he wants you to go with to 'supervise' me."

"Oh ok, that's nice of him."

"Yeah sure."

He frowned; "What's wrong?"

She still couldn't get over the fact that he can see through her act, she was use to fooling people, it was her specialty and no one could see through her ruses, everyone except Kev.

"I'll explain later, for now just get your things and meet me outside."

Maya got her things ready and met up with Kevin it the court yard, and both of them got into the limo.

"This is amazing." Kevin said with the face of a child in a candy store.

"Yeah." She replied with a smile.

"Why are you so suspicious?" He asked.

"My father is not this generous and won't do something like this unless he has a plan."

"Like what?"

"I don't know, so be on your toes today and don't trust anyone."

"Ok, but why send us to the beach, you hate the beach."

"Yeah, obviously he doesn't know that, or anything about me for that matter, but I know him and it would be a cold day in hell before he can involve me in a scheme without me knowing it."

They arrived at the beach and Maya immediately found a big umbrella to hide under while Kevin got them some drinks.

"Won't it be much more fun to enjoy yourself under the sun?" She heard a guy's voice ask.

She peaked over her sunglasses and saw a familiar looking guy with copper hair and golden brown eyes; "And who are you?"

"My name is James Hawthorne." He replied offering her his hand.

Then it hit her, she had seen his photo on the list her father had put together for possible suitors. So that's what he had plan, well game on; "Well James can I tell you something?"

"Yeah sure."

"It looks like Edward Cullen threw up on you." Yeah she watched that movie Twilight after the whole getting lost thing.

"Well I figured it worked for him so it can work for me."

"Except for the fact that Robert Pattinson makes it work, unlike you."

He chuckled as if she was making a joke; "May I sit?"

"No not really."

"Oh come on give a man a chance."

"I will as soon as I see one."

"You like insulting people."

"Yeah, it comes easier with some people."

He gave a nervous chuckle.

"And I feel sorry for the person who marries me someday."She said with an evil smile.

"And why is that?" He asked nervously.

"Well, when I get bored I like to hurt people close to me."

"Like how?"

"Mostly poking them with sharp objects or cutting their faces while they sleep."

He gulped; "Um I have to go."

"Why, I was just starting to like you?"

"Um sorry, I have to be at a place to pick up someone and drop them off at a thing."

"Well that's too bad."

"Well bye." He said quickly and walked away trying to get away without making it obvious that he was running away, well he was trying, but not succeeding.

"Who was that guy?" Kevin asked giving her, her drink.

"Oh just a problem I took care of."

"Poor guy."

"Yeah I scared him shitless." She said with a satisfied smile.

"He's probably going to need therapy now."

"Oh he got what he deserved." She said in her defense, then she smiled; she now knew what game her father was playing, and she was planning on winning it, but not without making her father suffer.