Pureblood

Prologue

There are numerous tales and legends of vampires, some as old as time itself. Each of them had a few things in common like; they drink human blood, can't go out in to the sunlight and their skin is as pale as paper. The tales also tell of how they attack humans and drain their blood mercilessly.

Well everything is true, except they can go out in the sunlight and the modern day vampire invests in blood banks instead of attacking humans. Also in these legends they are described as the living dead who can turn humans into vampire, but they are a totally different species which reproduces and can't turn humans into vampires. They are how ever immortal, which caused them to over populate, so they created their own cities up in the mountains and other places far from the humans, but it didn't last long after the humans started exploring and discovered these places. So once again humans, who are unaware of it, live together with vampires. The young vampires would still go to various separate academies to be educated.

Chapter 1

Kevin Stuart has always lived a pretty sheltered live and went to a small academy in America, but was now transferring to one in England to be closer to his parents.

"Now remember sweetie, don't give into pier pressure, drugs are uncool and just be your self." His mother told him for the tenth time. "Would you stop worrying mom, it's not like it's my first day of school." He moaned.

"But this academy is very different from your old one and is much larger."

Kevin sighed there was no arguing with his mother when she was like this. "Ok mom, I won't do anything you don't want me to do."

"Thank you sweetie, oh look here we are."

He looked out of the window and saw a big gothic structure castle that was tucked in the woods away from everything.

"Sweet." He said as he got out of the car. "You're already registered and your room number is B20. Here is a map of the school, I colour coded every path, the yellow leads to you room, just remember it like the Wizard of Oz; 'Follow the yellow brick road'."

"Mom." he moaned.

"I just want to make things easier."

He smiled and shook his head.

"Oh sweetie I love you and good luck." She threw her arms around him and a group of girls who passed them started to giggle.

"Mom people are watching." He complained and she released him from her tight grasp.

"I love you." She said pinching his cheek.

"Love you too mom."

After following the map Kevin got to his new room and found two guys loafing on a coach playing video games.

"Ooh, fresh meat." Said the one on the left.

"Oh shut up Tim!" The one on the right said, hitting the first guy behind the head. "'Sup my name is Joey, I'm assuming you're my new room mate."

"Yeah I'm Kevin."

"Welcome to hell on earth." Said Tim melodramatically. Kevin raised his eye brows, hoping that Tim wasn't his roommate as well. "Dude, don't worry he lives two doors away." Joey assured him as if he could read his mind.

"Oh well, too bad."

"You don't have you pretend, everyone knows Tim is a freak."

"At least his not boring."

"Finally some one sees the bright side to me!" Tim said, putting his hand on Kevin shoulder.

"If you want I could show you around and afterwards we can go to the blood bar and chill out." Joey offered.