Chapter Six

"Dude, what the hell?"

             "It's a girl!" 

Hello? You have girls in your school, why are you looking at me like that?

 Christian waved a hand for silence. 

       "Go on, introduce yourself." He pushed me forward and gave me an encouraging look. 

         "Hi, I'm Audrey. Nice to meet you all. Questions? Comments? Concerns?"

I tried to channel confidence. Calm down and trust your gut, Audrey. It's only a matter of time before they get comfortable with you. 

One guy piped up, "Can you make sandwiches?"

        "Yeah, want some?" I took out the Nutella sandwich I had in my bag and tossed it to the guy.

       "Do you ever take your glasses off?" another boy asked.

       "Sometimes."

       "Can you take a picture with me?" A Liam Hemsworth look-alike came up to me. 

He started to take his iPhone out. He pointed the screen towards the two of us, put an arm around me and said, "First Day!"

I forced a smile when he landed a slobbery kiss on my cheek. 

       "Score! I'm putting this one on Facebook!" His friends high-fived him, cheering as he went all around the room. 

I put a hand on my cheek, wiping the spit away. I felt an arm snake around my shoulders and turned to see Christian beaming at me. 

      "I knew the boys would love you, but I didn't think this much. I guess they know you're something special. You were a good sport, so, they'll give you bonus points for that," he explained to me. 

       "Men," a deep voice boomed behind me.