002

While things remained the same at the diner, that wasn't the case around the city. Last night, there was a robbery at an ATM by Mr. Delmar's bodega. It was a shame that place was destroyed, she really enjoyed a sandwich from there every once in a while.

She didn't understand how she couldn't have heard it, mainly due to the fact she sees the unknown hero swing by her neighborhood almost every night. There was videos all over the internet showing Spider-Man stopping the robbery, and everyone at school was talking about it.

At gym class, Megan could overhear Liz Allan, the leader of the decathlon, and a few other students talk about the whole thing.

"Did you see the bank security cam
on YouTube? He fought off four guys." Liz said. They were having a not-so-friendly game of fuck, marry, kill, until Liz brought him up, which she was then accused of actually crushing on Spider-Man.

While Liz and her friends were talking about him and how he could be an old man with burned face, Ned yelled out of nowhere: "Peter knows Spider-Man!"

Megan almost fell off the bleachers hearing that. Are you fucking kidding me?

Clearly, Peter didn't want him blurting that to a bunch of his classmates, but Ned didn't have any regards of his secret. "No-"

"They're friends!" Ned announced. Peter smacked his best friend's arm, trying to make him shut up.

She knew she shouldn't be doing this, but Megan felt like she was getting second-hand embarrassment from the situation. "Um, Ned's right."

All eyes were on Megan, which she didn't enjoy. Peter took a sigh of relief, he was so lucky that she was helping him. "Peter talks about the Stark internship all the time when he's working at Sadie's diner."

Liz had her eyes on Peter, smiling at him. "Hard working, I like that."

"Hmm, maybe you should invite him to Liz's party. Right?" Flash said, smirking.

"Uh, yeah! I'm having people over tonight. Anyone's invited, really. Even you can come, Megan, was it?" She was somewhat offended Liz didn't know her name, but since when does such a popular girl take the time to remember everyone?

She nodded. "Yeah."

"You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man."

Liz sighed. "It's okay. I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyway, so-"

"Come on. He'll be there." Flash said, nudging Peter as he walked past him. "Right, Parker?"

Peter didn't say a word, he honestly didn't know what to say. Flash was practically his enemy, and he didn't really have the time for his shit.

At the end of class, Megan walked up to Peter and Ned, violently tapping Peter on the shoulder. "You owe me big time."

"How do I owe you?" Peter asked.

"Thanks to your little nerd friend-"

"Hey!"

"-you would've suffered from some major embarrassment, and I just so happened to save your ass. Also, you're not exactly slick in hiding your crush on Liz." Michelle and Megan would catch Peter staring at her during lunch, and of course Michelle wouldn't hesitate to call him a loser.