Setting Things Straight

"You know you didn't have to come over here right..." I told Alana while she sat on my couch reading one of my Life&Style magazines I usually have on my coffee table.

After telling Lana about Odell and how I had no clue who he was last night she showed up half an hour before noon with a bright smile on her face.

Last night I was still in shock by how much he has grown and filled out, I went through some old pictures I had and looked closely at them. He still looked the same, the eyes and the nose...his smile. The facial hair, height and hair threw me off though...and the tattoos.

I sat a few aside that I'm sure he hasn't seen before from a few of his middle school games and summer cookouts so he could look them over or keep them if he wanted.

Lana smirk brought me back to earth and folded one side of the magazine and winked at me.

"And miss the show...I think not! If a man had your stick in the mud ass hot and bothered...I want to see this with my own two eyes." She gave me a big smile and I huffed while I sat down on my love seat and folded my legs under me.

"It was an honest mistake Lana...and he's just Odell, the boy is not looking at either one of us." I told her while I plucked some lent off of my khaki shorts. Lana shook her head and kept reading.

"Maybe not you Ms. Suzy Homemaker, but that is why I look like this...I may be forty, but if he looks how you say...I'm on it." I rolled my eyes at her words and almost jumped out of my skin when the door bell rung.

I hopped up and fixed my pink and white polo shirt in my shorts before opening the door to see...

"Hello Mrs. Andrews, delivery for Alex." I smiled weakly at the UPS man and signed for a package...of course Alex ordered some kind of sports stuff.

"Thank you Henry...have a good day." I smiled and waved. I wanted to kick myself for how excited I got and prayed to God Lana didn't notice.

"HA! You thought that was him...ol' thirsty ass!" I cut my eyes at Lana and kicked the door shut with my foot since my hands were full, but it didn't shut.

"Who's thirsty?" I screamed and dropped the box. I hope it wasn't anything with glass because if it is...oops.

I turned around quickly to see Odell in gray sweats and a white t-shirt short sleeved and his hair was now covered with a fitted gray, black and white hat that matched his shoes.

"You scared me Odell!" I somewhat yelled while holding my chest. He looked down at me and laughed before pulling me into a hug, but he stopped.

"Hell-o."I heard him say and moved back some to see him looking over my head at Alana.

"Hi...wow Odell you do look different." She all but purred to him while walking over to us. Odell looked down at me before looking back at Alana and giving her a crocked smile.

"Ms. Alana...you look the same." He somewhat breathed out and I moved out of his arms all together. Once I did that he moved closer to her and gave her a hug...a tight hug...a little too tight.

"Wow...damn you look good girl...turn around." I watched him hold her hand up and she did a twirl for him while giggling.

Now wait a damn minute! Alana is three years OLDER than me and he's looking at her like she's his old high school sweetheart or something. When he saw me last night He barely looked at me at all! I folded my arms across my breasts and waited for the fuck show to be over with.