chapter one

It was early morning. The light shone through the window of the boy's room. It woke him up, startling him as he got used to the light. The boy would dress himself and tie his scarf around his neck. Ninten.

He rushed down and dropped into the living room. Breakfast was already prepared, probably by Ness. Ninten's housemate. 

In this story, cough cough, Ninten and Ness share a two story, roomy house with nothing to do since the world is quite peaceful at this time. They don't have a relationship going on or anything, since they think of each other as brothers. They just live with each other.

Also where are their parents? And siblings? What?

Ninten would notice Ness's absence and shrug it off. "He's probably just out and about with his adventures again, that moron," he'd laugh to himself.

In a couple of minutes, Ninten wolfed down his breakfast and was beginning to wash his plate when Ness burst into the house with two figures behind him.

"Ninten! Hurry up over here, I have two people that you should meet!"

Ninten ran over and immediately stopped to look at the two new people, "So? Introduce me."

Ness shrugged then introduced the figures to Ninten, "Ninten, this is Lucas," the smaller, blond child lifted his hand, "and this is Claus. They need a place to stay for the month and I invited them in."

Claus's eyes bore deep into Ninten's. They were locked in a deep glare.

Ness would cough, and Ninten would immediately snap back to reality, "Apologies, Ness. Uh, welcome to our humble abode! I'm Ninten." He extended his hand.

Claus took it first. His hand was warm and comforting, then Lucas took over to shake his hand. The awkward welcome dropped as Ness led Claus and Lucas upstairs to the extra rooms.

Right before they turned around the corner, Ninten swore that Claus turned around to glance at him one last time before losing sight.