(2)

Chapter two is now up! Thanks for the reads and votes, I appreciate it highly!

Damn it, why won’t you stay on! I ranted at my tie that I thankfully didn’t have to wear ever again. I combed my hair through and fumbled with the hair straighter as I bopped to What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. I left my hair down and grabbed my bits and pieces for school. I couldn’t believe that after the summer, I wouldn’t have to wear this stupid uniform.

“Kirsty, Allie and Ryan are here!” My mom shouted and I quickly shoved my phone in my bag and walked downstairs.

“Can you believe it, after today, we’ll be seniors!” Allie gushed, trying to hug me. I nodded and pulled out my phone. Seven new messages the screen read as I clicked on the messages. They were all from the stranger I ‘met’ online last night.

“Hey what are you doing?” Allie peered over my shoulder as we made it past the front door. I closed the Facebook app and put my phone away.

“Nothing,” I lied and we carried on walking. School was going to be a bore today I knew it. Out of all the last days in school, only one has been fun and that was when I bunked off but this last day, I promised myself that I’d show up.

“Ryan, close your Facebook app away!” Allie rolled her eyes as Ryan continued to tap away on his phone. If she didn’t like Ryan using it then she would hate me being addicted to it right?

It’s not like I was addicted to Facebook, I had only been on the site for less than a day and I only used it twice so far. I found out the stranger’s name, Felix. It sounds like a cat and reminds me of the IAMs Cat food advert. All I know of Felix is that he is sixteen just like me; he loves food and lives in Manhattan like me.

“Are you there?” Allie snapped her fingers in front of my face. I sighed and nodded and we walked straight to school.

“I bet people are coming into school because some celebrity is performing,” Ryan said irritated as we came to a halt.

“Yep,” I added and we pushed past the people in the crowd. I sat myself next to Ryan as we waited for our home tutor to come.

“Sorry I’m late guys!” Mr Anderson apologised as I pulled out my phone. Since I had arrived at school, me and Felix had sent each other over ten messages.

“Kirsty, phone now!” Mr Anderson pulled out his hand and I slammed my phone in his hand after closing the Facebook app.

“Sir, when will I get my phone back?” I asked, tapping my fingers on the desk. I was getting seriously bored and Facebook cheered me up.

“Lunchtime,” He looked at me once more before turning back to the whole class. I rolled my eyes and turned to the window next to me. Something was happening but because it was rainy and was a bit foggy, I couldn’t make it out.

“Sir, there’s a fight brewing!” Jackson, one of the nerdy kids yelled as I tapped my pencil on the table. I didn’t pay attention any one running out of the classroom and instead, when the coast was clear, I pulled my phone out of Sir’s drawer.

I quickly ran out and followed everyone else who were too busy murmuring about the people on the roof. I didn’t recognise them, they looked about fourteen years old and I could hear the two people yelled at each other.

“DAMIEN DON’T JUMP!” A girl walked onto the roof and separated the two. I snorted and started to laugh at what was happening in front of me. The principal started break dancing in the middle of the football pitch.

“I think that’s enough,” the deputy ushered him away and motioned for us all to go to class.

I walked off the pitch and into school where I felt someone bump into me.

“Oh my god, are you-“ they cut me off and stood up.

“It’s okay, no pain. Are you okay though?” I blushed and picked up my phone as I nodded.

“That’s good and I’m fine but I really do apologise, I mean-“ I babbled on when he cut me off again.

“Like I said, it’s fine. How about I make it up to you by treating you to dinner tonight?” My heart stopped and I found myself panting. Dinner? Tonight? How about YES!

“That will be um... great!” I grinned and I put his number into my phone and he did the same.

I turned around and saw that I had a text.

Hey there! :)

Lee x

I smiled and walked to class because homeroom was over.

“Your late,” the teacher observed and I apologised, not my fault that people bump into me is it?

“Won’t happen again Miss,” I looked down on the floor and sat myself next to Grayson. It was the only seat next and I sighed trying not to look at him. I could hear him breathing loudly as he stared at me.

“Got a problem?” I snapped and he shook his head.

“Good.”

The amount of times me and Grayson have argued cannot be counted, the number is high and I can tell you that. I first met him at kindergarten when our moms were friends. We played with each other but it wasn’t till I was ten that his behaviour changed. The Grayson I knew I loved beaten me up whenever we hanged out together so even after six years, he hasn’t changed. Before you knew it, the bell rung and I quickly shoved my books in my bag before running out of the classroom.

“Not last for a change?”

I laughed. “No,” and Ryan slapped my shoulder. “Why?”

“Just. Besides, does WiFi work around here?”

I shrugged. “Don’t know, why?”

“Alyssa keeps messaging me on Facebook, anyways bye!” He walked off and I walked to my locker. Alyssa was his f**k buddy however disgusting that sounds. They started it last year and have a reputation.

I walked into the canteen where my phone buzzed.

Felix: Hey, it’s my lunch break. What u up to?

Me: Hey and nothing why?

Felix: Just and oh shit, the principal has seen me. We’ll talk later yh? Bye xxx

Me: Bye and yeah we’ll talk later.

I switched my phone off and started to hum to One Direction’s Gotta Be You.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was that chapter better for you? I made it longer and guess what? This story is #761 in Teen Fiction! A category that is hard to get on the what’s hot list in my opinion! Thank you so much!