~seventeen~

gerard walked over to his locker, the hallways unusually empty. there were little kids out and most of them were alone. gerard quickly got his things packed up before fast walking towards the library.

it was empty, still dead quiet. out of the corner of his eye, he saw ryan sitting on a couch in a "hidden" part of the library. brendon was sitting with him, uncomfortably close and talking to him.

gerard played it off as he was just looking for a book to checkout. a few times he glanced over at them, seeing brendon's hand on ryan's thigh, sensual whispering, and then finally a make out session. gerard didn't understand how ryan, some smart ass kid who's a book nerd, somehow caught the attention of a kid like brendon.

after an exaggeratedly long five minutes, brendon was gone and ryan was sitting alone on the couch. he began reading again, not focusing on anything else. gerard smirked and made his way over to ryan, sitting down next to him.

"hey gerard." he said, still reading.

"look at me." gerard demanded, cocking a brow. ryan sighed and closed his book, shifting his focus towards gerard.

"yes?" he asked, putting his tongue to the inside of his cheek.

"now, you're really smart, ok?" gerard started off.

"ok?" ryan got confused but blew it off.

"i'm gonna need your help with something," he paused, reaching for something out of his pocket. "but you can't tell anyone, ok?"

"gerard, i don't trust this." he said, eyeing gerard reaching into his pocket.

"here." he shoved a wad of money into ryan's hand, forcing his fingers to close in on it. ryan took it out, taking the time to count it.

"this is fucking nearly a thousand dollars-"

"i know, i know. don't worry about where i got it from." gerard said.

"what the hell do you want me to do?" he asked, still utterly confused.

"i specifically need you for this task. we go together, you're my backup. you know things, that's why we're doing this. i just need to collect a few... items."

"but what items?"

"you'll figure that out when we go, ok?"

"fine."

"but, if you tell anyone, you're dead. ok?"

ryan nodded, shoving the wad of money into his pocket.

"now, do you remember the science lab in the far corner of the school that's all locked up?" gerard asked, leading ryan out of the library.

"yea, it has a key code on it." ryan responded, following him.

"i'm guessing you know that?" gerard questioned. ryan nodded, still following along.

they eventually made their way towards the lab. ryan bent down on his knees infront of the door, reaching for the keypad. gerard kept the lookout, standing behind him.

the door opened with ease. ryan pushed the door open further, stopping in his tracks. gerard slid his way past him, looking around before breaking into an evil smile.

"fucking jackpot." he laughed out. ryan shut the door.

"this is why they have this place blocked off." ryan realized, smiling.

it was a drug fest. it didn't look like the other science labs in the school. it must've been abandoned, most likely left over from when the school was previously a meth lab. but everything here looked so new.

"dude, they got fucking INDICA STRAINS!" gerard yelled in excitement, coming out from a corner with a bag.

"gerard, that's probably all molded up and shit." ryan scoffed.

"no, this is definitely new." he insisted, shoving the bag across the table. ryan picked it up before shrugging.

"look here." ryan smiled, opening up a cabinet to reveal a load of rolling paper. gerard chuckled as ryan got it down.

"never thought i'd be getting high with you in a locked up science lab from an abandoned meth lab." ryan sighed, still smiling.

"come over here, we got a mini fridge." gerard said from another corner in the room. ryan walked over, finding all kind of medicine bottles filled with all kinds of drugs.

"woah, what is all of this?" ryan asked.

"go get my jacket and grab my notebook." gerard ordered, not looking away. ryan did as so before kneeling back down next to gerard.

"turn to page.. 48." gerard thought out loud, which ryan did.

"do you want me to like, read these off, or-"

"yes, read them off."

"uh... pavulon; muscle paralysis."

"fuck," gerard cursed under his breath, moving bottles around in the fridge. "keep reading."

"potassium chloride; to-to stop the heart."

"nope, keep going."

"sodium thiopental; induce unconsciousness"

"yes!" gerard grabbed a bottle out of the fridge, smiling with vehemence.

"oh god." ryan laughed, watching gerard stuff the bottle into his pocket.

"we'll get syringes when we head out, first, let's put these strains to use." gerard chuckled. ryan nodded along, still confused.

———

"now, will you ever tell me what we're doing with that one thing you have in your pocket and... syringes?" ryan asked, sitting up on the table.

gerard giggled pulling out his notebook. he flipped to a clean page and started making a diagram of sort for a few minutes before meeting ryan's level.

"so, you know awsten." ryan nodded, intrigued.

"now, he's constantly keeping frank away from me, right?" ryan nodded again.

"and he hates me. he's always saying he's gonna take revenge out on me for that one thing with frank a few months back. but, since he's too much of a pussy, it's our turn to take it out on him."

"and, how exactly are we doing this?" ryan asked, not putting down the idea.

"the things i made you read off- those are the certain drugs used in lethal injection. one of those things were in that fridge. i didn't wanna go too tough on him, he deserves to suffer."

"gerard, elaborate."

"ok. you're an important part of this situation. because awsten is on good terms with you, i need you to invite him over. and i'll be there to ya know, do the deed."

"then what?"

"we can either keep him in a secluded place in your house, or there's this place about an hour out of town where we can keep him. which ever's fine with you."

"he can stay locked in my basement, my parents are out of town for a while. but remember gerard, i'm only doing this for the money. ok?"

"i honestly don't care. as long as you're willing to help me."

the two boys sighed, almost synchronized. gerard finally made his way to a cabinet, grabbing our a few syringes and slipping them into his pocket.

"now, let's get the fuck out of here before someone catches us." gerard laughed, grabbing ryan by the arm and pulling him out.