Tag, You're It: 20 Questions

I was tagged by @DavidJThirteen, so here are my 20 answers to unasked questions.

1. I was an only child until I was about 19 when I inherited a step-brother, a brother-in-law and two sisters-in-law.

2. I married my 'high school sweetheart' (for want of a better term, we didn't actually go to school together) when I was 19.

3. My husband is also my cousin's cousin – figure that one out!

4. I am already a crazy cat lady, and fully intend to continue to be one into old age.

5. My Dad inspired by love of history. He was a member of a medieval re-enactment group when I was young so we went to a lot of fairs and tournaments over the years. The first family holiday I remember taking was to South Wales where we toured many many castles. I also grew up thinking it was perfectly normal to have a British Longbow stored under your stairs, and that a bill kept in your porch makes quite a perfect coat rack.

6. My Grandfather was a farmer. I spent the biggest part of my childhood roaming the fields and woodland on my families farm, it was the most amazing freedom and fun I could ever imagine, and I'm actually quite sad that my own children will not get to experience the same.

7. I also genuinely believed for several young years that everybody had at least one grandparent that lived on a farm like I did.

8. I've loved writing since I was very young. My favourite part of the school week as a 6 year old was story writing time on a Friday morning.

9. My love of writing, for quite some time turned me to online roleplaying, roleplaying within the Harry Potter universe to be specific. I was a member of a number of different sites and have made some very good online friends thanks to these.

10. On one such Harry Potter RP site, I had a character start her life as a first year, Slytherin of course, and progress all the way through Hogwarts into adulthood where she took up a Professor position and was even Head of House for a while. Those were fun years. During my time acting as a Professor on this site I taught Divination numerous times, a subject I genuinely enjoy researching.

11. My first full novel length stories were Harry Potter Fanfictions, still available to read on Fanfiction.net.

12. I can't drive, and actually the thought of having to learn how to fills me with terror.

13. I hate the phone. The prospect of actually having to phone somebody is like my worst nightmare, even if I know the person well. Texting and other forms of messaging were like a god send for me.

14. I hoard books. I have shelves and shelves of books I haven't managed to read yet, and still every time I visit a charity shop or book store I will come home with a few more.

15. Even though my time these days is spent mostly working on my novel length stories, it is still and probably will always be, my collection of various poems that I am the most proud of creating.

16. I like coffee a little bit too much.

17. At some point in the future I would like to run and teach my own Karate club.

18. I am HUGE fan of Red Dwarf. An online friend and I used to have endless MSN conversations involving nothing but throwing Red Dwarf quotes back and forth.

19. Romance is my least favourite genre in all things – books, tv, film etc. I think I'm too cynical for the lovey dovey stuff, a few romantic gestures are nice, but it can too easily turn sappy or corny – not for me.

20. On the above note, my husband made the best proposal ever. His exact word were 'So when we getting married then?' and that was that, we had the wedding within a year.

So now I tag @Lujayna, @WendyWattpad and @RSLeergaard