Chapter 15

After putting in a 14 hour shift, Karan walked back into his apartment as exhausted as ever. As he grabbed some water from the fridge, he sinked into the couch and his thoughts wandered off. He had never hoped to see Arnav and Khushi like that, and both of them together, was not even something he would have ever in this wildest dreams even thought about. How come nobody had mentioned anything to him till now, he wondered. He handnt spoken to his parents since the wedding morning and he was in no mood to talk to any of his friends. Arnav was the only one he had finally decided to contact as he knew he wouldn't be able to hide forever. Professionally he was well established here and he really didn't know where else to go. The city was big enough for anybody to get lost in so how in hell did he end up bumping into Khushi, he thought furiously.

Plus she was married. And that to to his best friend! He knew how strong headed Khushi was and he also knew that she was never going to give him a second chance. Plus it was better if she wasn't a part of his life, he thought as tears brimmed in his eyes. But now that she was married to his best friend who was almost like a brother to him, how was he going to deal with it? He wasn't sure.

His thoughts drifted back to that fateful day.

After putting his sherwani on and all set to go, he had decided to check his phone to see if Khushi had messaged him. Not seeing any messages, he was about to put his phone away when his phone vibrated and he saw a message from someone named Nisha... who was Nisha he had wondered as he didn't have a friend with that name and how come this person's number was stored in his phone. As he opened the message, he felt his legs giving up underneath him as he sunk back on his bed.

We need to talk. I am pregnant.

What the F***, he thought and wondering if someone had got the wrong number, he messaged back telling this Nisha person that she had got the wrong number and he was about to put his phone away when he got another message.

No it's not the wrong number Karan. We need to talk.

How in hell did this girl have his name? he thought. Wondering if somebody was playing a prank on him, he walked outside of his room and tried to relax his jumbled up nerves. He looked around the crowd of people that was gathered outside as the baraat was ready to leave. Arnav had walked up to him and seeing his dazed expression had asked him if everything was ok and he had just nodded to that. He wondered if he should tell Arnav about what was going on but then decided against it.

Today he wondered if he should have confided in Arnav instead of letting his world fall apart like that.

He remembered driving to the hall where his and Khushi's wedding was to take place and remembered the warm greeting he had got from Priya and her parents. Priya had pulled his leg like nobody's business and he remembered grabbing a stack of money from his pocket to let him enter so she would let him in as he hoped his knees wouldn't give up till he reached the mandap when the felt his phone vibrating in his pocket again.

He didn't know anybody with the name of Nisha and he definitely didn't sleep with anyone with that name but how could she have his number? He scratched his brain as the baraat had started eating before the wedding was to take place and then he received another message from her.

Karan we need to talk. I know its your wedding day today but this is urgent. We had met at the club two weeks ago while you were on your stag there. Remember? I better hear back from you ASAP or you have no idea what I can come and do. And yes I know where your marriage is and I also have Khushi's number.

Khushi's number? He had excused himself to go to the bathroom and had leaned back against the wall wondering what was happening? On his stag? Arnav, him and a few of their friends had gone out to the mountains to party and he remembered getting absolutely drunk on their first night. He tried remembering any girl with them that night but he didn't. The next morning he had woken up in the hotel room alone in his bed and Arnav on the other bed in the room. Arnav didn't mention any girls either and so did none of his other friends so how did this happen?