Chapter 3- The Unexpexted yet Expected

[A/N] Hey guys!!! Big thanks to WHERESmyDRANGON for the amazing front cover that she made me!!!! ---->> Check it out!!!

*Kai’s POV*

I felt pain coursing through my body like all my bones were breaking. My eyes shot open and I was surrounded by blackness. The pain came again and I cried out biting into my lip. What is that stupid gay god doing to me now?

I felt my heart quicken. My eyes felt like they were being popped out of my head, my nose hurt and felt like it was also changing, but that could have just been from the fall. A sharp pain came from my fingernails and I looked down to see something from under my skin pushing them up. The hair on my arms got thicker as I watched in horror.

Beep beep. My phone vibrated from somewhere near me. I searched around hoping to call my mum and get out of this goddamn mess. I saw a light coming through some old tree leaves and I scrabbled over to it ignoring the pains that were going through my body and my mutated hands.

Wiping my… hand… over the screen so I could see the actual writing I saw the little message that popped up: “Happy Birthday idiot, love awesome past self!!!” I had sent a calendar reminder so I wouldn’t forget about it like last year. What a sad way to spend the start of my birthday. All alone, in a stupid forest, with probably the worst nails that even a manicure couldn’t fix.

Another bolt of pain shot through my body only it didn’t fade away like the rest. I screamed as the pain increased. I heard the gentle sound of footsteps approaching me. Something touched my shoulder and I faintly thought knew that it was a hand. Whatever it was it was replacing the pain for a tingling sensation that made me want to feel more of it.

A deep chuckle sounded and I felt my body start calming down. There was a rippling noise and I screamed as a wolf came into view but the scream soon died away as I stared at it in wonder. My heart immediately knew that this was the wolf I had heard before.

Even though it was now standing over me, I couldn’t fear it. It was perfect, more beautiful, handsome and majestic than any others that I had ever seen. I felt myself falling in love with it rather than wanting to get up and run around screaming like a mad chook with its head chopped off. What?! Those are scary!

The wolf leaned its massive head down to touch mine and I felt myself staring into his dark eyes. I saw a flash of crystal like blue travel through his eyes like a bolt of lightning. The wolf started to lick my neck.

Suddenly the pain shot through my body again only this time was more painful than any of the others. I felt all my bones shift and move, snap and then crack into place. I tried to scream as my head snapped back but the scream came out as a dog like whimper. The pain died away and I felt like I wasn’t alone in my body anymore.

And you never will be again, a voice said to me. I yelped in surprise as I felt a completely new conscience in my head.

W-Who are you? I stuttered in my brain randomly feeling like a fool.

I am Esperanza, but you may call me Esper, the voice spoke again. The name sounded familiar, like I had just founded a long lost friend. I suddenly became aware of my surroundings as the wolf still held my down. Everything seemed clearer, I could hear the wind through the trees and the silence of the scattering animals as they tried to flee.

Then I smelt the most wondrous thing in the world! I felt shocks go through my body as I looked into his eyes. The gorgeous eyes of the wolf on top of me

Mate. The voice in my head said. A growl erupted through my body as I stared deeper into his eyes. I don’t know what came over me or if I will ever be able to fully explain what happened; I flipped our position over and bit down into the soft fur of the wolf’s neck.