Jail Break and Confessions

Begin!

Universe*

~Normal POV

"Mr. Poe you have to believe us!"

"That man wasn't Count Olaf and we didn't kill him!"

"Majin!" (You can't just let them arrest us like this!)

Mr. Poe sighed heavily as he stood at the bars of the Baudelaires' prison cell, "I'm sorry children but... the evidence is against you. I just wanted to say good-bye before your sentence. Good-bye..." Without another word Mr. Poe left the police office with his wife on his arm.

Count Olaf, in his ridiculous detective disguise, stepped in front of the cage as soon as they were gone. It was just him and the Baudelaires now.

He smiled evilly, "Comfortable orphans?"

"You framed us," Klaus spat back at him furiously.

"I did nothing of the sort you stupid bookworm," Olaf replied calmly, "I simply put a murderous baby in prison along with her two accomplices. And now you'll all be burned at the stake... and you'll never even see your poor Quagmire twin friends again."

Violet and Klaus snapped. With one arm each they reached through the bars and grabbed Olaf by his jacket and pulled him against the bars to look them directly in the eyes.

"Where are they?" Sunny had never heard her siblings so enraged when they spoke those words. The situation must finally be getting to them.

At first, Olaf seemed to have a faint glimpse of fear in his shiny eyes at the question. He had seen the Baudelaires mad before of course, but there was a spark of pure rage in their eyes. One he had never witnessed until this moment, and it gave him a realization. He smirked at the two elder Baudelaires.

The villain chuckled, "Oh... I get it now. Not just friends are you? Hm? Perhaps something more? I hear bookworms have a thing for pretty poets... And I'm sure an inventor would be eager to build a printing press for a handsome young journalist..."

Violet and Klaus glared at the wicked man, trying to ignore the embarrassing insinuations he was making. And for once they had to unfortunately admit that Olaf was at least partially right in his accusations. Violet Baudelaire was particularly fond of her charming journalist friend Duncan Quagmire. She did indeed feel that she wanted their relationship to be more than mere friendship, and based on that interesting D.Q+V.B carving in the red herring statue she now knew that her feelings were returned. Klaus had trouble admitting so, but he was very fond of his lovely poet friend Isadora. He was too shy and doubtful to admit it to her. Although Violet and Sunny could see his feelings clear as day; he wasn't as subtle as he wanted to be.

"We will get out of here," Violet replied vehemently, she and Klaus let go of Olaf.

Olaf gave them their "last meal" which was a cup of water and some stale bread and left the police station. Violet took out her ribbon and began tying her hair back. She was about to ask Klaus if he could help think of a way out of here but they were interrupted by someone else entering the station.

"Hello Baudelaires," Hector said.

"Hector, what are you doing here?"

He went up to their cell and gave them two small scraps of paper, "I found more notes from your friends by the Nevermore Tree. They can't get you out of jail, but I figured they might cheer you up."

Klaus smiled faintly at the papers and replied, "Thank you Hector."

"I'm sorry there's not more I could do," Hector said, "I wasn't a good guardian, was I?"