Chapter 3

Two weeks later, I sat backstage at the boy's gig at the House of Blues. I bobbed my head to the beat and watched the boys perform. Greenlight started and I smiled. This was my favorite song of theirs.

I sang along and watched as Luke glanced over at the side to see me singing with him. He smiled, his teeth showing, then winked.

I winked back with a giggle and he turned back toward the audience.

Girls pawed at their feet and screamed the words with them. Luke seemed to not even notice them as he kept singing the words and playing his guitar.

Soon, they were done and were thanking the crowd. They came off, sweaty beyond belief. I was immediately pulled into their group hug. "Ew!" I squealed as they squeezed me in between them.

They let me go and I said, "Great job, guys! I was dancing the whole time," "Well next show we want to see you out there dancing," Luke hip bumped me.

"I don't even have a ticket," "Well now you do," Ashton said with a smile.

"Okay," I laughed, "I'll be sure to make a sign and everything. Something like "Hey, neighbors" because "Ashton father my children" is a bit much for me,"

Ashton, who had been drinking water, spat it out and started laughing hysterically. The other boys started laughing and I was too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Boys, we need to get you back before the girls get to the back gate," A man said to them, then turned to me, "Miss, I'm going to have to call security, fans aren't allowed back here,"

"Uhm?" I held up my backstage pass. "She's with us," Luke said, putting his arm around me.

"Oh! Sorry, she just looked very young..." The man apologized.

I stifled a laugh as he hurriedly walked away, embarrassed by trying to throw me out. Michael burst out laughing.

"Oh my God," Luke laughed, pulling me closer into the hug, "Our tiny little fan, Reese, here, snuck backstage to get our autographs,"

"Must be really dedicated!" Ashton said.

"Lads, how about we take our number one fan out for some food?" Luke said. They all nodded in agreement and at the same time yelled, "In-n-out!!" 

~

It became my tradition to stand in the security barrier space at every concert, usually in between Michael and Luke.  A security guard was always with me, but I usually made friends with them backstage...sometimes enemies when I was involved in some segway races or "dangerous" activities the  boys weren't supposed to be doing.

I took a selfie at every concert without the boys knowing. Michael was always asking me in between songs if I was having fun. Every night. I always told him yes. Sometimes he would ask about his hair or the weather or if hamsters liked ham. Every night.