Hard to Fight These Feelings (Five Seconds of Summer Fanfiction)

"Almost done!" Mom said, checking on her muffins. I tapped away on my iPhone, waiting for my mother to finish up her desserts. "Mom, I'm leaving for Chelsea's in twenty minutes, okay?" I said.

"Okay, but you have to take these over to the renters first," "Mommmm," I groaned.  "Reese," "Why do I have to do it?" "Because I'm raising you to be a polite woman, not some snobby rich girl," she said and slipped on her oven mittens. She took the muffins out and put them in the fridge to cool.

I got out a basket and we put them in once they were cool. I slipped on some flip flops and walked to the guest house where the renters were staying. I walked past our pool that I was going to have to share with the renters. I groaned, hoping that the renters weren't creeps. I knocked on the door and the person who answered was most definitely not a creep...

A really cute boy, who looked about my age, stood in the doorway. He had feathery light brown hair and pretty blue eyes. "Hello," he said in what sounded like an Australian accent.

"Oh, hi," I smiled, remembering what I was doing here, "I'm Reese. You're renting from my parents so I brought you some muffins,"

"I'm Luke and muffins?" He smiled, then turned his head into the house, "Boys! Muffins!"

"Muffins?!?" Another boy appeared in the doorway. "Ashton, this is our neighbor, Reese. She brought muffins,"

"How did you know I liked muffins?!" He grinned. I laughed and another boy appeared. "Muffins!"

"And this is Michael, Mikey this is Reese, bearer of muffins," Luke said. "How many of you are there?"

"Just one more, Calum. He's sleeping," Ashton said, eating a muffin out of the basket I handed to Luke.

"Anyway, thank you for the awesome muffins," Luke smiled. "You're welcome," I smiled. The other two took the basket and disappeared into the house.

"Well, if you need anything, we're just across the pool," I said. He chuckled, "Hey, I was wondering if you were busy tonight? We have a gig, if you wanted to come, if you're into concerts and such," he said.

"I-uh- was going to my friend's but-" my phone buzzed. Text from Chelsea. She was going out with her boyfriend for the night.

"Never mind, I'm free," I said, glad that she had cancelled. "Awesome!" He smiled, "Come on in, I'll get you a ticket," I stepped in and he went over to a table where an envelope sat. "Are you guys from Australia?"

"Yep," he said, opening the envelope. "That's really cool. So you're a band?" "Yeah," he pulled out a ticket. "That's really cool,"

"There you are! One ticket to the greatest band ever!" He said with huge grin. I looked at the ticket. "One Direction?" I asked, a bit confused.

He chuckled at my facial expression, "Not your type of music?"

"I like more alternative stuff," I said. "Ah, well, we are opening for One Direction tonight," "That's really awesome, Luke! What's the band called?"

"5 Seconds of Summer," "I like the name a lot," "Thanks," he said. "Pretty boy with nice hair, are you the singer?"

"We all sing, but mainly Calum and I sing. I play guitar and ukulele as well," "Impressive,"

"Thanks," he said with a small blush, "Ashton's on drums, Calum plays bass, and Mikey plays guitar," "I can't wait to hear you guys play," "Wanna listen?" He held up his iPhone. "I want to be surprised," I smiled. "We were going to go swimming, care to join us?"

"Sure! I'll go get changed then meet you back here," I said. "Sounds good, it might take me a little to get the boys moving," he said. I nodded and headed back over to my house. "How was it?" Mum asked as I walked in.