Chapter 3

I shut the door to my house quickly, flicking the light switch downwards. The lamps lining the corridor flared to life, and I swept upstairs with Gaxthe following me eagerly. "Nothing tonight my boy," I called to him, shedding clothes as I half walked half ran towards the shower. I stepped in, pulling the door closed behind me with a thud as I turned the water on, not adding any cold. The scalding droplets stung as they washed over me, but I merely closed my eyes and began scrubbing furiously at my skin and hair. I emerged pink and raw, the cool air stinging my unclothed body. I tenderly shrugged on a soft cotton bathrobe, stepping into my room, before stopping with a small shriek. A body was strung up in the middle of the room by it's neck, and Gaxthe was licking it's foot cautiously. I leapt forward, shooing him away before regarding the body with wary interest. "More blood on my carpet. Thank you, you stupid bastards, for ruining a perfectly good rug. "

I fetched a knife from the kitchen, reaching up and hacking through the rope unelegantly, before beginning to drag it downstairs. When I finally got it to the bottom, I simply threw it into the cellar, feeling slightly revolted by the smell. Gaxthe sat quietly at the door, which is odd, because he usually ran around yapping and snapping at totally irrelevent things. "What's wrong, boy?" I asked, blinking at a bang from the lounge. I snatched up a knife, striding in with an annoyed sigh, only to find nobody there. As I turned to leave, a smear of black on the frame of the...open...window caught my eye. Weird. I was sure that I'd left it closed. And what the hell was the black? Eh. Probably just...Actually, I had no explanation for what it might be. Shrugging, I left the room, walking quietly back upstairs to go get ready for work tomorrow. Ew. I so don't feel like it.

************************************************************************************************************

THE NEW ONE'S P.O.V:

This one was faster than the last. She hadn't found me yet, but I'm fantastic at hiding, so I didn't blame her. Clumsy of me to leave the black on the window, but my hair needed redying anyway. As I slid slowly from my hiding place, a psychotic giggle slipped free of me. Another one to have joined my fun little game, and I was so happy that she would co-operate. They will always. ALWAYS. Co-operate. Because I always need to win. If I don't win, then there's no game. Because if they try to win, they will die. I smiled to myself, hissing at her dog as I crawled along the floor when it barked at me. Pesky creatures, dogs. They don't co-operate. I could hear her humming upstairs, and shook my head. Happiness. A stupid emotion. God forbid I ever let anything so awful come across my mind as hapiness. Delight though...That's a different, because delight comes from many things. For young, juicy children, it's sweet things like ice-cream and lollipops. For women, it's perfume and chocolate and getting other people to do tasks for them. For me, it's blood. Blood, and the feeling of stringy, chewy muscles tearing in my mouth when I eat whilst the red liquid runs in small rivulets over and  down my chin. I shivered with delicious anticipation of my next meal, before sliding out the window soundlessly and scampering away. When I straightened and stepped out onto the street with a smile, I was normal again. Civil. Human.

********************************************************************************************************************

BACK TO HER P.O.V:

Gaxthe was being SO noisy. The poor dog must have still been hungry. Humming happily I tried to get my mind off the sounds from downstairs, but it just wouldn't work. Making an annoyed "ggght" noise, I began pulling on my clothes, realising I'd been sauntering about the house with little more than a bathrobe that was partially hanging open. I decided to treat myself to a non hearty lunch, and walked downstairs to fetch my purse. I realised the smears of black lead from the window up - and apparently down- the stairs, before disappearing out the kitchen window.