Chapter 19 This is Not the End

Back on board, everyone on the bridge was relieved to see that you were safe. "Calm down everyone. I know we're all happy to see (Y\N) is back safe and sound" the Captain told the group "Now, (Y\N) I need you to tell me what exactly happened" the Captain turned his attention to you. Everyone on the bridge was now looking at you. You felt your face heat up from all the stares. Was telling them going to make this whole thing worse? Well, it kind of already is. It already became personal. "Long story short. My mom promised my hand in marriage to priest Sefu" you said. You knew they were going to want to know more and they did. Their faces only looked confused. "You were betrothed by your mother?!" Kirk asked surprised. You nodded, "Yes. My biological mother. She's been alive this whole time on this planet. You see after my father and mother were attack the night my step parents saved me, she escaped alive. She only let me go because I would be safe from the government who wanted to take me away" you explained. "How did the priest get mixed up in all this?" Kirk continued to ask questions. "Well my mother came to this planet right as the war broke out. She ended up getting left behind. Priest Sefu was a child back then and she raised him. So she only thought it was right to marry us together. So with the Pharaoh's help, they devised a plan to bring me here. This mission was......a mask for the real plan" you finished on a sour note. This thing was because of you. Everything that happened was all on you. You'd never thought you'd feel so bad before. The Captain and Commander easily saw the sorrow in your face, "(Y\N) don't think that this is your fault. It's not. You just ended up being in the middle of it" the Captain tried to make you feel better. Even if you knew his words were true, that didn't clear away this nausea in your stomach. You wanted to go home. Back to earth, where everything wasn't dependent on you. "Captain. May I suggest we abort?" Spock suggested. Abort? The mission? Kirk was surprised. He took it into consideration. "Uhura establish a connection with Starfleet. I won't allow this mission to interfere with one of my crew members on such an intimate level" Kirk ordered. "Yes Captain" Uhura obeyed his command. You honestly didn't think the Captain would just abort like a mission like that, but you knew when things were made personal, nothing became easy.

"(Y\N). You should go get some rest" Kirk told you. Rest? More like hibernate. You wanted to sleep all of this away until it was nothing more than a hazy memory. "Spock would you mind escorting her to her room?" the Captain asked. "Not at all" Spock replied. You looked up at Spock, who looked back at you gently. "After you" Spock gestured to the elevator. You nodded and the both of you started to walk, until the moment was disrupted. "Captain I am receiving a call from an unknown origin. I believe it is coming from planet Sekhmet" Uhura announced. The look on the Captain's face was not a good one. You attempted to hide yourself behind Spock, away from the monitor. Captain Kirk sat in his chair and gave Uhura the ok to file the connection and set it on screen. You were expecting the Pharaoh's face. But it wasn't. It was Priest Sefu's. "Captain, I know you have my bride to be on board with you. I ask that you return her" he requested. What were you, a prize to be won? You weren't an object. "I'm sorry I cannot do that. She is part of my crew and must stay with me. Unless she were to agree, there nothing you or I can do" the Captain spoke. You admired the Captain's words and ability to keep cool. He certainly knew how to speak in such tense situations. You wouldn't have been able to keep your head straight under this pressure. "I suspected much. Then how about this Captain. You return my bride and I can allow a safe treaty agreement with the Pharaoh. Or would you prefer we repeat history. I'd be happy to side with the Klingon and aid in Starfleet's description. You should be aware this planet has many valuable resources that can be used to make armor and weapons found nowhere else" Sefu voiced his bargain. Kirk didn't look like he was going to budge, "Say what you want. I will not be intimidated by mere words" he said quite serious. This whole exchange of words was like a game of poker. Both held their best poker faces and tried to outwit the opponent into folding his hand. But considering that Sefu had a hold of the planets technology and was able to get ahold of the Enterprise was quite surprising. Thinking back to the armor of the palace guards, it was gold in color but you didn't exactly see anything unusual about it. Although, there was no fighting taking place so how could you know what they could do? "It's much more than just words Captain. It's a threat. Let me show you that you're not even safe up in space" Sefu told Kirk. He then made a gesture to someone of screen. Was he just bluffing? No he couldn't be.

"Captain I'm getting a reading I don't recognize", Sulu announced. Before Kirk could give out any orders, something gold and bright came flying from the planet. The light flew past the ship, the speed and power nearly pushed the ship from its position. "Captain say hello to Ra" Sefu said over the screen. A brilliant bird like creature came into view in front of the ship. With wings spread, the beast looked to be about 3 stories high with the same amount of wing span. It was a brilliant golden color that even rivaled with the planet's sun. From your memory, you knew that Ra was the creator and the king of all the other Gods. If Sefu could summon this beast so easily, this could all end badly. The winged Ra shrieked. "Am I supposed to be afraid of your pet?" Kirk asked. "You should be Captain. I'll ask you once more to return my bride or I'll shall have Ra strand you and kill you all" Sefu warned. He's trying to get you to give yourself in. But you might have to. If this beast could fly into space, it was well equipped to destroy anything. Kirk didn't reply. "Very well then. Ra cut off their power and bring down the ship" ordered Sefu. Flapping its golden wings, Ra took off flying. It disappeared from view. "Raise the she-" BOOM! A huge force collided into the ship causing everyone to fall onto the floor.

"Captain the engines have taken a hit!" Scotty had alerted. Kirk cursed under his breath. "Raise the shields. Everyone on red alert!" the Captain called. How exactly we're we going to battle this thing? The Enterprise's shields raised. A flash of gold flew across the screen. Ra came back into view. "Lock on the torpedoes and fire!" the Captain ordered. Right on the dot, the crew works quickly to lock on and fire. Torpedoes launched out at the bird. Ra dived quickly out of harm's way. It caught up to the torpedoes and destroyed them. This thing was going to outsmart us. Coming back to the ship, the beast spread out its golden wings. Its feathers reflected the sun's light. From your view, this beast was beautiful yet deadly. With all the chaos, time seemed to move slowly to you. Ra had opened its beak, a sort of glitter gathered around its body. Using the sun's energy, Ra focused and created a ball of light. You couldn't help but stare at the golden color. Everything else was tuned out to you, voices, the flashing red alarm, everything. Ra release its ball of light and the golden beam collided with the ship's shields. The collision shook the ship violently. You held on to Spock for balance. "Captain the shields are collapsing! We're losing power rapidly!" Sulu shouted. The power of the golden beam cut through the shields like knife to butter. The shields gave in, leaving us defenseless. The beast let out a screech, it became shrouded in a bright golden hue that resembled fire. Aiming right for the bridge, the bird gathered momentum and flew right at us. This was it. If you didn't do something. You were all going to die. As you heard Spock say once. 'The need of the many outweighs the need of the few'. You let go of Spock and ran towards the window.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!"