Chapter 4 You are Half Vulcan

McCoy seemed a bit confused, "Why? You said you were fine" he asked. Did you really want to tell him why? Yes. You must take this chance or you'll probably never know. You avoided eye contact, "Because I don't think I'm fully human. I was adopted" you told him. The way you looked at him afterwards said you were serious. He crossed his arms, "OK. What do you think you are, besides human?" he asked. You hesitated for a moment, "Vulcan" you said your voice a bit shaky as if Vulcan was forbidden word to say. McCoy looked surprise, "If I may ask. What makes you think so? This is a pretty serious thing to discuss" he told me. You couldn't tell him you had powers, but it's the only way you could show him your ears. If the captain trust him so could you, right? They are good friends. You'll just have to take this chance and hope it doesn't get your fired. You took a deep breath, " I'll show you but not here" you said. He sighed, "All right?Then lead the way" he offered. This whole thing made you feel like some sort of unnatural being. As if this was crucial to saving the world. It wasn't but it sure felt like your life was on the line. You led doctor McCoy to an empty hallway and stopped, "I've never told anyone about this. My parents know but not about what I recently discovered. At least I don't think they've noticed. I actually have Psychic powers and when I use them my ears seem to change" you said in all seriousness. "Really?" he questioned "Alright let's see your um power" he said unchanged , as if I was joking with him. You was surprised he didn't laugh or blow you off. If you were in his place, you wouldn't probably believe you either. You put your hair in a sloppy ponytail to reveal your ears . You set the files on a nearby table top and told him to watch them, like you were about to preform some magic trick. You were nervous, but showed him anyways. You allowed your eyes to glow and with your powers, picked up the files and levitated them in front of him. You felt your ears grow hot and change. You tried not to look McCoy in the eyes and focus but you watched as he examined you. He walked slowly closer, "Alright I need you to hold still as I look at your ears" he said calmly. You nodded and allowed him to do so. He looked at you ears closely for a minute, "Well you are right. Your ears are Vulcan. I should be asking how you got those powers but it's none of my business" he told me. You took the files from midair and allowed your eyes and ears to revert, "Hmm but I wonder why they only change when you use your powers?" he asked pondering. You were silent, "Alright I'll take a blood test...secretly for your benefit and I'll call you when it's done" he offered. You were glad he was keeping it a secret, "Yes thank you doctor" you thanked him.

After he took a blood sample,  you went back to the file storage to return the documents . Once you entered the room, you were surprised to see Commander Spock sitting at the table reading. You felt like holding my breath, wishing he hadn't heard you. But it was too late he turned to look at you, "Miss (Y/N)" he greeted. You faked a smile," Commander" you greeted back.  You saw him glance at you arm where you had a bandage wrap from McCoy taking some blood, "Your arm? Are you not feeling well?" he asked. Great. You have to say something. You lied, "Why yes Commander. I asked the doctor to give me a vaccine. I can't afford to be sick" you told him faking as best as you could. He looked at you like he was trying to read your thoughts, "I see" he said. Thank goodness he accepted that answer. You hoped. You nervously went to return the file to the storage cabinet," I'll see you around Commander" you said before leaving.

McCoy POV

As soon as (Y/N) left I immediately ran her blood through some tests. Of course I tried my best to keep the whole thing secret. Everything was going fine until mister sunshine showed up about 20 minutes later, "Doctor is it true you administered Miss (Y/N) with a vaccine?" he asked quite suddenly. I guess that's what (Y/N) told him. Damn why dose he got to be all nosey? I walked away towards the door to distract him as (Y/N)'s results were calculating, "Yes Sir. She said she wasn't feeling well and she insisted that I give her a vaccine" I told him. He looked me up and down, "Are you sure that's all?" he asked insisting. Why he have to be a pain in my ass,"Yes" I clearly said with an attitude. He walked away and approached one the nurses, "Excuse me but I would like to know if it is true doctor McCoy administered Miss (Y/N)with a Vaccine?" he asked her. I saw her look at him than me, I nodded. "Yes sir. She came in here claiming she wasn't feeling well" she said. Thank God I had someone to confirm that. Sort of. He looked at me one last time and left. Shit, now I have to tell (Y/N) he's on to this. But how the hell sparked his curiosity. I walked up to the computer. She was right. (Y/N) is half Vulcan. She has a normal human body and such but it doesn't explain why her ears change. Her blood is different, perhaps she can bring out her Vulcan traits somehow.

Your POV

An hour later McCoy called you back to the medical center. He told you about how Commander Spock tried to find out what he was doing. You didn't know what tipped him off, but the Commander is smart. Too smart. Finally he told me the results. You were half Vulcan but my human traits were more dominant. He said it could be possible that my father was human and my mother Vulcan. Makes sense, I guess. "Thank you doctor", I said. You turned to leave but he stopped me,"(Y/N)I think its best we delete the results. Just in case Spock gets curious" he suggested. He was right. If the Commander came looking for clues again, would you be in trouble. "Of course doctor", I agreed.