part six

06; you're not my mother

McKenna

THE BLONDE haired girl had walked home from her job at Pops Choklit shop, she pulled her denim jacket closer to her small frame. She turned into the driveway, she looked into her living room window and thought she would see Genevieve asleep on the couch like she was most nights but she ended up seeing Genevieve sitting with another older lady.

McKenna watched the window with confused eyes, she walked to the front door and opened it. She called out to her sister as she closed the door behind her, Genevieve called her into the living room.

She very cautiously walked into the living room where the woman sat but as soon the woman saw McKenna walk in she stood. McKenna looked at the lady with a confused look her eyes turned to a darker blue. Genevieve held a nervous smile on her face as her gaze continued to flick between her little sister and the woman.

"Hey Gen?" McKenna said almost sounding like a question. Genevieve greeted her and asked everyone to sit.

"Ken this is Ciara, she is our mother" Genevieve smiled nervously and introduced the unknown woman.

McKenna didn't know what to say, she couldn't move any of her body, all around her fell into silence and the only thing she could hear was her breathing which sounded very heavy.

"McKenna? Sweetie?" The woman who was now known as Ciara said. McKenna didn't dare to call her a mother.

"Don't call me that" McKenna growled, Genevieve's nervous gaze turned to a confused one.

"Kenna please just hear her out" Genevieve begged of her sister, McKenna just scoffed and stood.

"Why woukd I? You're not my mother" McKenna snarled and stormed upstairs, hot salty tears ran down her face.

She slammed her bedroom door shut and threw her backpack to the ground. She fumbled to get her phone out of her pocket but she eventually did. She dialed the one person who she knew would be awake, her vision was fogged over from her tears as she held the phone to her ear.

"Miss me already?" the familiar deep voice that belonged to Sweetpea said.

"Can you pick me up?" McKenna cried.

"What is wrong Kenna?" Sweetpea asked with an extremely concerned voice.

"I'll tell you when you pick me up" McKenna stressed, she pulled a small black duffel and started to throw things in because she knew that she wasn't going to stay at the house.

"I'm on my way," Sweetpea said before hanging up.

McKenna pulled random pieces of clothing from her wardrobe before forcibly zipping it up and throwing it on her bed. She pulled her phone out and called the one and only Betty Cooper. The phone rang three times before a tired voice answered.

"Hey McKenna," Betty said with a tired voice.

"I know it's late but can you please tell me how your mom knew mine?" McKenna pleaded as she sat in her desk chair.

"Um...My mom said that they went to high school together, they were best friends until your mom stopped coming to school and nobody knew where she had gone. Turns out she was pregnant with your sister. Why do you ask? Did something happened?" Betty said, her voice became more alert as she spoke.

McKenna could hear Sweetpeas motorbike outside. "I'm sorry Betty I'll tell you later, I have to go," McKenna said and hung up, she grabbed her bag and phone then ran downstairs. Before she could even touch the doorknob she heard a sickening voice from behind her.

"McKenna please, give me a chance" Ciara said with a fake sincere voice.

"Never" she mumbled before swinging the door open and running outside then closing the door.

She looked up and saw Sweetpea walking towards her, the tears only returned to her eyes as she stared at his concerned face. A moment went by before she found her self in his arms, he wrapped his strong arms about her tiny waist as she slid hers around his neck.

"Can we leave?" McKenna cried, the door to the blondes house opened again. McKenna didn't dare to face the house.

"Who are you? Leave my daughter alone" Ciara called out to Sweetpea. He let McKenna go only to stare at her eyes as if he was asking if it was true.

"We should go" McKenna pleaded once again, the tall serpent nodded and pulled her towards his bike. They both hopped on and ignored the calls coming from the house before driving away.

McKenna didn't know where he was taking her but at that moment, she didn't care as long as she was away from the house her so-called mother was in. Sweetpea pulled up to a trailer park and pulled into a specific trailer, he turned his bike off and helped the blonde off whilst he took her bag.

Sweetpea leed the way as McKenna followed behind. He unlocked the door and swung it open to reveal a small but cozy trailer home.

"It's not much but it's home," he said quietly, McKenna walked in with a cautious look on her face.

"Why did you take me here?" McKenna asked, Sweetpea smiled.

"You can stay here for as long as you want I guess" he smiled and walked into what McKenna thought was his bedroom. She found her way to the leather couch that held the duffel bag she had packed.

She sat down and waited for him to return patiently. A few moments passed until Sweetpea can back with a shirt in his hands, he dropped it in the blonde girl's lap.

"Bathroom is to the left, that's something for you to sleep in" he smiled and sat down, the blonde walked past him into the bathroom with the shirt on her hand.

Sweetpea

The tall serpent turned on his TV and started watching something that was on every night. He didn't notice that the blonde girl had walked back into the room until she walked over to the couch to put her clothes into it. The shirt he had given her reached her mid-thigh and the sleeves reached past her elbows. She giggled and twirled around before she sat down on the couch next to him.

"Care to tell me who that lady was?" Sweetpea said drawing his attention away from the TV and onto the blue-eyed beauty that sat next to him.

"Um, when I got home Genevieve was sitting in the living room with this lady who claims to be my mother. So after I called you then I called Betty cause she said her mom knew my mom and dad when they went to high school and just asked how her mom knew mine" McKenna rambled but was cut off by Sweetpea hand on hers.

"Slow down princess" Sweetpea smiled and chuckled slightly.

McKenna blushed and looked down. Sweetpea lifted her head and looked I to her pale blue eyes.

"How about we go to sleep and tomorrow we can do something fun because it's the weekend," Sweetpea said, McKenna had never seen this side of Sweetpea.

"I love that idea" she smiled.