Chapter 1

The school bell rang, which meant that school was over for the day and Kali was soon walking home with her best friends, the Recess gang. 

"Oooh, I can't wait to get home and see Tchaikovsky!" The anxious adventure girl said excitedly. 

The Harpercops had just recently adopted the newest addition into their family, Tchaikovsky. They had gotten the little st bernard puppy back during their last adventure with his dad, Beethoven. 

"How's he adjusting?" TJ asked Kali about the st bernard puppy. 

"Oh, pretty good" Kali shook her head. "Still getting used to everything though, all the new sights and smells. But I know he's gonna love it here in Fernfield"

"Changes can bring many good things" Mikey commented, thinking very positively. 

"According to my calculations, about sixty percent of dogs introduced to new homes usually don't have a good chance at making it through the first few weeks" Gretchen mentioned, looking over her Galileo device. 

"Don't listen to Gretch" Vince told Kali as they neared her neighborhood. 

"Maybe it would help if you'd introduce him to some new friends" Gus suggested for Tchaikovsky. "That's what helped me when I first came to Third Street school"

"It's worth a shot" The tomboy admitted as the group of kids now stopped in front of her house. 

"Remember, next time we meet up you're teaching us more on how to work this whole talking to animals thing" Spinelli reminded her best friend, before saying in a more mumbled tone. "I'm still hearing monkeys in my sleep asking me to eat the bugs off their fur"

Kali had given the Recess gang the ability to talk to animals awhile back, thanks to the power of her magic crystal. 

"Bye, guys" Kali waved to the gang before entering the house. 

She walked past the living room and into the kitchen where her mom was, washing up some vegetables for dinner. 

"Hello, dear" Jane greeted her daughter with a smile. 

"Hi, Mom" Kali placed her backpack down and looked out the window into the backyard to see the family's many other pets all playing together. 

All but one... 

"Where's Tchaikovsky?" Kali asked, not seeing the st bernard puppy outside playing in the grass with the other pets. 

"He's upstairs in your room" Jane replied while washing some more vegetables in the sink. 

And that's just where Kali went, straight up the stairs and into her room to find the little st bernard puppy looking sad while he layed in his bed that was next to Kali's. 

"Hey, what's wrong buddy?" Kali came over and knelt down to pet her puppy. 

Tchaikovsky looked up to tomboy and sighed. "I'm just having trouble adjusting, that's all" 

"I know change can be hard, pal... Believe me" The adventure girl comforted her puppy.  

"I miss my parents, brothers, and sister" The st bernard puppy sighed again, placing his head back down in gloominess. 

Now don't get me wrong, Tchaikovsky said so himself he wanted to live with the Harpercops after the last adventure they had alongside with his parents and siblings. But, the poor little st bernard pup was just feeling a little homesick. 

Kali then remembered how Gus mentioned for Tchaikovsky to make new friends around his age would be good for him. And Kali knew just who to go to. 

"Say, what if I were to tell you that we are going to meet the Buddies?" Kali told Tchaikovsky, making her voice sound all interesting to get the puppy's attention.