The warmth of his lips

Song: Bright by Ecosmith

When I get back home all that is on my mind is his lips on mine, not just on my lips but along my neck and close to my ears, the tingling sensation that it left behind. His hands on my body, the way they glided up my shirt and my body trying to reject the feeling but I kept telling myself that it's suppose to be a weird unknown feeling and that I will be fine. The way his hand cupped by breast on the outside of my bra but then gradually made its way back out of my shirt. A part of me wanted more but I'm glad he stopped when he did. I really don't know how much I could have handled. Thankfully, it started to get dark outside and he said we should be getting back before it got to do dark to see our way back. I also think it was his way of taking it slow.

I still fill his warm lips against mine as I look at myself in my mirror and bring my hand to my lips thinking of him. I get ready for bed and my phone dings. My heart skips a beat seeing that it is from him.

Kodiak: Good night my love

Ophelia: Awe. Good night

I sleep in the next day because my mind is flooded of moments with Kodiak. I thought about him all night long and still this morning he is on my mind. Is this love...I think so? I think I could get use to this feeling.

We don't hang out at all today because he has to help out at his house. I decide to stay in my room and draw in my sketch pad and then read a book. I also finish up any remaining homework to turn in tomorrow at school. Which I kind of dread going back. I just don't feel like hearing all the rumors you know what I mean.

I can hear the voices before I even go into the school. The eyes staring me down is enough to make my anxiety build up. I hurry to my first class and hand in my work. The teacher smiles at me. "Hope you are feeling better?"

I nod and sit down. I try to tune everyone out around me. I hear my name a time or two and since I really don't want to know what they are saying I put in my ear buds hoping the teacher won't say anything about it.

There is a light tap on my shoulder and I look up to see him looking down at me. I see his lips move and I know he says, 'Good morning' by reading his lips. Over the years I have mastered the skill of reading lips. I guess if I ever lose my hearing the good thing is I will still know what people are saying to me. I take out one of the ear buds.

"Good morning," I whisper back.

I watch as he takes his seat and I want to talk to him but everyone else around is so freaking nosey and I wish people would just mind their own freaking business. I hear someone on the other side of the room make a comment about the two of us and what I would like to do is stand up and yell out that it is no ones freaking business who I hang out with but I don't. After class he waits for me and walks me to my next class. He pecks me on the cheek and I hear a few girls chatting away about it. I'm sure by the end of the day everyone in this school will know that Kodiak and I are a thing.

I had hoped that we could spend a little time together after school but he has work. The next day he has band practice with the guys and I don't go to watch. We text each other back and forth and between classes we walk hand in hand but all week something has gotten in the way. Only one day was my fault because I had a therapy session that I had to go to.

When Friday comes around we plan on spending time with each other. We have plans to go to a movie. Yes a movie with plain popcorn and a sprite with no ice. That is what he text me anyway. I can't help but smile because  he knows me so well. I love how he thinks about me and makes sure that I'm fine.

I jump in the shower and get ready to go out. My parents are fine with it and are actually happy about me hanging out with him. If they only knew that we have kissed, that he has had his hands on me in more ways than one but they don't need to know that.