Under the Mango Tree- a Luke Brooks Fan-Fic

Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of my little brother playing with his toy airplanes running down the hall yelling “CRASH LANDING”

It was a normal Saturday morning; I could smell the bacon and eggs my mom was cooking and rolled out of my bed and downstairs to grab some. My mom asked me what my plans were for the day.

“I’m going to the mall with Julia,” I replied. Julia was one of my best friends.

I finished my breakfast and went back upstairs to take a shower. Once I got out I put on a pair of jean shorts and a pink tank-top. I didn’t bother drying my hair so I just left it down. I grabbed my purse and my sunglasses and ran out the door yelling “I’ll be home before supper!” to my parents.

I walked in to Julia’s house and said “hi” to her parents, they told me she was in her room getting ready. I walked in and jumped onto her bed while she was brushing her hair in her bathroom.

“Let’s goooooooooo,” I whined while scrolling through the messages on her phone.

“One seconddddddd,” she mocked my whining voice. I saw a conversation with a guy I had never seen before.

“Who’s Jai Brooks?” I asked her

“This guy I met at Ambers party on the weekend! He works at the mall,” She replied. Damn. I knew that was going to be a bad party to miss.

“So that’s why you wanted to go to the mall so bad,” I said.

She smiled at me and we walked out the door. We walked to the nearest train station because we live just outside of Melbourne. The train ride is only 20 minutes, so it’s not a big deal. We finally arrived at the mall. Julia was so excited to see Jai. She told me that they only had small talk at the party but that he asked her for her number so that he could get to know her better. She was going to act “surprised” to see him at the mall even though Amber had told her that he worked there.

We browsed for about half an hour and then decided we were hungry. Actually more like Julia decided we were hungry, so we made our way to the food court. As we were eating, Julia’s face lit up and she whisper yelled at me “THAT’S HIM!”

I turned around and saw a curly brown haired guy wearing a mall uniform sweeping up some spilled fries. I turned back to her and said “You should go talk to him.”

“I can’t go alone!!” she replied almost yelling at me.

“Fine, I’ll come with you” I said a little bit annoyed

She practically jumped out of her chair. We put our garbage in the bin and made our way over to him. As we were walking towards him, he glanced up at us and then back down, which I thought was odd considering he knew Julia; but I guess he didn’t recognize her at first. We go closer and Julia said, “Oh my god Jai! I didn’t know you worked here!” to him. Which was a lie.

We stood there waiting for a response. He looked at Julia and then at me and his eyes stopped there. He replied to her comment but kept looking at me.

“Jai’s not working today. I’m his twin brother Luke. Nice to meet you,” he said.

I held out my hand and he shook it.

“Madison,” I replied smiling.

His eyes were like pools of chocolate that I wanted to swim in. Ok Madison stop. That’s weird. But it’s true. He was gorgeous.

“I’m Julia,” she said, breaking up our connection.

He slightly shook his head clearing his mind.

“Are both of you Jai’s friends?” he asked.

“No,” Julia replied quickly, “well I am but Maddie’s not.”

He glanced at me at the sound of my name.

“Oh I see, well I better get back to work before my boss sees me.” he looked at me “Do you happen to have a cellular phone I could text message you on?” he asked in a funny accent.

I laughed and replied yes. He handed me his phone and I added in my number.

“Nice to meet you Julia and Maddie” he said and shot me a quick smile before turning around and walking back to his job. Julia freaked out the whole way home about how much he liked me.

“He doesn’t like me! We just met!” I told her.

“He couldn’t stop staring at you!!!!” She practically screamed. I just giggled and kept walking.

After I said bye to Julia when we got to a fork in the road where she turned left and I turned right to go to our houses. I got ready to be yelled at by my parents because I was late due to talking to Luke and missing our train so we had to take the next one.

I walked in to see my family already started dinner. My dad, without looking up at me just said very flatly, “You’re grounded” in a one tone voice.

“Thought so” I replied. Grabbing my food and sitting down.

After dinner I went up to my room and opened my laptop and logged on to Facebook. While I was scrolling through my newsfeed reading pointless status’ written by people I disliked very much, my phone started ringing from the other side of the room. I got up and put the phone to my ear.

“Hello,” I said.

“Hey!” Luke replied, a slight amount of excitement in his voice.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Um, I was just wondering if you wanted to go see a movie this weekend?” he asked with a shaky voice.

“I would love to,” I replied, “but I can’t….” My voice trailed off.

“How come?”

“I’m grounded,”

“Ohhh, badass I see,” he said laughing

“Oh yeah, definitely,”

“Well when can I see you again?”

“Not until next Thursday,”

“I can’t wait this long,” he said, which made my heart melt.

“Sorry,” I replied, “We can text and Skype though.”

“Yeah sure,” he said kind of disappointed. “Well I gotta go, nice, erm… hearing your voice again.”

“Yeah, you to Luke.”

We both said bye and hung up. I went up to my room and got ready for bed.