Chapter 13

Lukes POV

What have I done? I just left Maddie there all by herself. She probably thinks I hate her but I just really need some time to take this all in. I mean she did just dump this all on me and it involves me just as much as it involves her. Jason is technically my dad… not that I consider him my dad. I cannot believe that her mum would do something like that. I know that Maddie needs me in a time like this but sometimes I need someone too. Right now that person is myself considering I have no one I can trust except my brothers but right now I don’t want to drop this information on them. There’s so many thoughts going around in my head right now and I knew if I stayed with Maddie I would end up saying something I didn’t mean.

Daniels POV

Maddie was asleep within 10 minutes of being at my house. I didn’t even get to ask her why she was here. I know she has a good reason and I know recently things in her life haven’t exactly been going perfect so maybe she just needed somewhere away from home. I respect that but why wouldn’t she stay with Luke? I went to see if she needed anything but she was fast asleep so I covered her with a blanket and went into my room. I texted Jai to try and find out if he knew about anything happening between the two of them.

Daniel: Hey Jai, have you heard from Luke? What’s up with him and Maddie? She’s at mine right now sleeping but didn’t give an explanation. Just looking out for him.

Jai: haven’t heard from him all day… Mum just tried calling him and he didn’t answer. We’re getting kind of worried.

15 minutes later

Jai: Mum just called Maddie’s Mum and she also doesn’t know anything, as long as Maddie’s safe we know Luke can’t be too far.

Luke’s POV

I haven’t turned my phone on since before I met with Maddie earlier today. I powered it on and saw 14 missed calls and 14 texts from my brothers and Mum.

Whoops

I replied to Jai saying I’m fine and will be home soon.

I got back in my car and started for home. Going fairly slow because I was scared at what Mum had to say.

After a half hour ride that usually takes 10 minutes, I quietly walked in the house and only found Jai. He said Mum and Beau were already asleep. Thank god, I don’t have to deal with them tonight.

“What happened bro? Daniel says Maddie’s at his” Jai asked me

“Don’t want to talk about it right now, had a rough day… I’m going to bed” I replied sharply.

Before Jai could ask another question I went to my room and got under the covers and put my headphones in.

I wasn’t even tired. I had way too many thoughts in my head.

Maddie’s POV

I woke up at 2:00 in the morning. Hoping that everything that happened earlier was a dream. After I looked around I realized I was not in my own bed. Last night was definitely not a dream. Good lord my life has had enough drama.

Not being tired at all at this point, I went to get a drink of water from the kitchen. Daniel was such a good friend for letting me stay. And he wasn’t all up on me asking me what and why like some other people would have been. Times like these are when I wish I had some girl friends to talk to…

I don’t know what Luke has been on about these past weeks. He’s been really moody and seemed kind of jumpy. I hope we can just get through this together because he’s the only one who knows and accepts me. He’s my everything and I don’t know what would happen if I lost him.

Him just running away just isn’t like him… I feel like he’s keeping something from me. I thought that we didn’t keep secrets…

Luke’s POV

This whole situation is just something I don’t want to deal with. Not right now and not ever. I just don’t understand why and how this could have happened… Maddie’s Mum must have known who Jason was. I just don’t even know what to tell Maddie in a time like this… I need someone to tell me what to do. But like always no one is ever here for me, I’m just expected to be there for everyone else.

I’m done with all of this.

A/N

I know this isnt the best but i needed an inbetween chapter for whats coming up next. hope you enjoy and thank you so much for reading. More updates soon i promise!!! xox